Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Good News

8K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  damn yankee 
#1 ·
The lake is up 13 more inches from last year this time.

here is the link to the artical

Lake levels artical

G
#3 ·
I think that would officially be considered "Too much information"

But this is great news and I'm really looking forward to the summer. The only downside I could see from this is that Sand Is. might be not be visible but would be just a few inches under water, and I can live with that anytime. Plot it in your GPS...

#5 ·
Alrighty then, I think we'll let Convincor lead all the fun runs from here on out. (OK everyone, now that Bill has left, the real plan is to go that way!!!)

Lake St. Clair levels (don't remember what they were last year, but the current level seems to be approaching average depth):

This is the one we should all be concerned about, Lake Michigan / Huron since it feeds our beloved playground. Still below average, but slightly better than last year:

Lake Erie lookin' good, no more weed choked water intakes at PIB:

Finally, the mother lode:

G
#6 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Mar 15 2004, 11:47 AM)I think that would officially be considered "Too much information"

But this is great news and I'm really looking forward to the summer. The only downside I could see from this is that Sand Is. might be not be visible but would be just a few inches under water, and I can live with that anytime. Plot it in your GPS...
If you hadn't of mentioned it, I would have said, "I have three words for that"

G lobal P ositioning S ystem

G
#7 ·
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Mar 15 2004, 12:10 PM)Keep Convincor away from the small pets

Come on you guys!! I know you share the same excitement!!!

Your just not man enough to share the truth of bodily fluids!!!!!

G
#8 ·
Well I guess I could have shared "the truth", but I'm wearing dress pants now, and the saying just doesn't work that way.

I am pretty pumped though. I brought the boat home over the weekend so we can get an engine refreshed before the big pre-season rush. I'm hoping for no snow tomorrow...

#20 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Mar 15 2004, 11:47 AM)........ The only downside I could see from this is that Sand Is. might be not be visible but would be just a few inches under water, and I can live with that anytime. Plot it in your GPS...
I was out there yesterday, and YES Sand Island is underwater.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
let's see ...a fairly cold winter where the lakes froze over well ,lots of snow.. they better go up 'cause i've only got enough money for one prop and 158 cases of beer

P.S. THERE'S STILL A LOT OF SNOW TO MELT AS I JUST GOT BACK FROM SNOWMOBILING THE U.P. YESTERDAY

#26 ·
The article should have read down 6 inches. As of Good Friday all of Sand Island was above the water. The tree and flag pole are both high and dry. As of the 19th of April the level was the same and it was also hard to beach at Gull. There is definitly more of the Island this year as compared to last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.