Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning to the same cut that I've been getting some nice perch and bass out of the last few times there. I got a late start today because I went out after I woke up without setting an alarm clock. I took minnows out with me today, and I caught all of my keepers on the minnows. I dyed the minnows red with some commercial bait dye that I have on my boat, but I really don't know if the dye helped or not. I kept 12 perch and I caught 8 smallies. The biggest perch was 10-1/2". Smallest I kept was 8". The bass ranged from 15-1/2" and the largest was 17-1/4".

I also caught a huge bowfin which turned out to be my best fight of the day. It was a beautiful day on the lake whether you are out fishing or not. Just to be out there today was awesome!! I also tried the Doty cut today with no success and tried Fisher's Bay and caught nothing but dinks in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caught a huge bowling last week. First one in a long time time. They do put up a great fight.
Anyone think the walleyes will start up again?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caught a huge bowling last week. First one in a long time time. They do put up a great fight.
Anyone think the walleyes will start up again?
The river fishermen start getting them pretty good in the SCR this time of year, and a lot of them are caught off shore. As the water cools down, the eyes go on a feeding spree getting ready for the cold winter temps of the water. I do not fish the rivers too often, however, I am starting to fish the SCR more often every year, and i think I may try it out this year a few times soon. I know I used to get them off shore in the lake at various areas around here in October, mostly at Blossom Heat and some of the mouths of the local marina canals and at the Slefridge DNR launch site in the lake at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts