Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I used to get stuff at Rec Leisure but they imploded.
I'd like to avoid dealerships as their prices are high, selection low (imo).

Any place to buy good boots, bibs and gloves around here???
for kids too....

thanks!

tg.

ps: sorry for the double posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
QUOTE(troyguy @ Nov 4 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I used to get stuff at Rec Leisure but they imploded.
I'd like to avoid dealerships as their prices are high, selection low (imo).

Any place to buy good boots, bibs and gloves around here???
for kids too....
thanks!
YOUR IN LUCK... One of the biggest snowmobile parts, clothing and accessories shows going this weekend in Novi... best price and selection for above mentioned.
http://secure.rockfinancialshowplace.com/c...fb1fe6ei4fapfgk
I'll be there Sunday.... maybe we'll see you there

·
Registered
347 Posts
Novi Snow Show is good but get there early for the best size selection. It get's picked over. I have gotten a few things at Sport Mart on Moravian in Clinton Twp. It's a small place but they have alot of not the pricey stuff. Kid's things too. I buy all my skags, oil, etc there. The dealers like to gouge you for sure. Also I have found some great bibs believe it or not at JCPENNEY or Sears. Just as nice for the kid's and adults. They should be online soon if not already.

P.S. Sport Mart is a hidden gem and is tucked back off the road. The addy is 36546 Moravian, Clinton Twp 586 791-8140 off of Garfield & 16 Mile. GPS would be handy in finding the place.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I bought my wife some thinsulate Gore tex Guide wear from Cabelas....They are pretty awesome and they can do double duty for rain gear during the cold fishing season...They are clearance priced right now..Not cheap but they will last for years...
I have all of the snowmobile gear, but I will go with Thinsulate lined Gore tex rainsuits once they wear out....

I second Sport Mart for good prices and a nice selection also....It is just south of Metro Pkwy off from Garfield...Really easy to get too..

·
Registered
347 Posts
They have a back room to the left when you come in the door. All the coats, boots, gloves and helmets are there. Plus nice map bags and saddle bags. I usually carry the "bar" and snacks for I needed the saddle bags. lol But SHHHHH don't tell the cops. I don't look good in stripes!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It's a bit of a drive (for you, I pass the exit every day) but Rocky's in Flint usually has good prices.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
SportMart is the eastside version of Rec Leisure, albeit smaller. Rec Leisure is still in business...under a different name. They are now in off Northville Rd and 6 mile area. It's called Allied now. Rocky's has lots of stuff, as well. I'm heading to the snow show in Novi tonight with my son.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sportmart is definently a good place for most stuff...
I go there often, since it's only couple miles from my house.
The novi show may sell out of clothing if you don't
get there early... but they continually mark items down
through out the show till the last day has the biggest
discount... you can't beat there price for oil, plugs, studs..
trailer accessories etc.... not to mention to see all the
lastest sleds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.