Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good area to ski on ST Clair.
low traffic, deep water ,somebody said the basset channel.
is there a no wake or speed limit in the basset.

Any suggestions

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Check the thread in the Boathouse about the Sni, also called Chenal about Rond. There's a no wake area, but a long area, too, for skiing. One thing: It's way cold! It's about 30 ft. deep and free flowing. Watch the sides of the channel, they get shallow in a hurry.

G

·
We went to Basset channel once because it looked like a good place for skiing maybe 7 years ago. At that time, they had 5 mph speed limit signs up. We went a little further down where there was nothing on either side of the channel and decided to risk it. I pulled the ski rope out and looked up to see a Canadian DNR boat ahead of us. We decided not to risk it at that point, but it does look good for it.

Here's where we used to ski in the Sni. The yellow is no-wake but there is about 2 1/2 miles of smooth, but(t) cold, water between them...

Attachments

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
i was in the middle channel for the first time a couple of weeks ago. very cool but it seemed like most of the channel was marked "no wake". how much of the mid channel is no wake?

thanks,
gus

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTEit seemed like most of the channel was marked "no wake". how much of the mid channel is no wake?

There are a couple of threads about this out here, but....

I believe the law for the Middle Channel is for boats 25' and under no wake 250 feet from shore and 25' and over no wake 600 feet from shore.

I may be mistaken, but I am sure that someone will correct me if I am.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts