Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of riviera's with my mast & I have to say they really don't like pulling big muskie lures very much. Where can I get boards that will handle big baits?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Get some plans off the net. Great ideas on there too and very easy to elaborate....I am going to make a pair over winter.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a few plans but they look like walleye boards. Did you guys tweak the designs at all like making them bigger? or anything else?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Most of those bigger boards are fine, its the releases that handle the bigger hard pulling baits. You need a tighter release.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading the description on the triple boards that is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks Crawdad!

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 6 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After reading the description on the triple boards that is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks Crawdad!

I had the same question as you awhile ago and after some research ended up designing my own.

This is what I use with no problems running up to 4 large body baits with no problems.

View attachment 65055

View attachment 65056

Just make sure to watch out for small watercraft because they will take them out! Lol.

CABO
Bill

·
Registered
332 Posts
Make the ones muskyaddict has up, I have the other ones made out of 1 x 8's. They work fine most of the time but in
the fall when you start wanting to pull bigger baits they get drugdown, they still run though.

I am planning on making the 1 x 10 type soon....

I made mine out of whitewood and regular hardware, and then painted the heck out of them.
They have lasted me 6 years so far.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.