Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sen. Edward Kennedy, the longtime Massachusetts lawmaker whose personal tragedies along with his professional triumphs and losses unfolded in the public eye, has died at his home in Hyannis Port after battling a brain tumor. He was 77.

His family announced his death in a brief statement released early Wednesday.

"We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," the statement said. "We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice, fairness and opportunity for all."

TOPIC: Full Coverage on Ted Kennedy
INTERACTIVE: Timeline of Ted Kennedy's Life
FAST FACTS: Kennedy: Key Player in Legislation

The Massachusetts Democrat was seen by many as an American version of a Greek tragedy. Born into political royalty, Kennedy's triumphs were often overshadowed by those of his brothers, John and Bobby Kennedy. But nonetheless, the younger Kennedy carved his own political legacy as one of the longest serving senators in U.S. history.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was not a huge fan but I would not speak ill of the dead....RIP.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Surprising post from Big Dog...

I recall (with horror) another post when his illness was first announced....

and a current Rot In Pieces currently posted in the political forum.

As for me...I am sorry he's gone and I hope his legacy and that of the entire Kennedy family lives on.
It is interesting to note how many members of opposing parties called him a trusted friend.
I think that says alot about him.

But...hey...that's just me.

Rest In Peace after an entire lifetime of serving your country.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 26 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...posted in the political forum.

The "beauty" of the political forum is that people don't have to read what's posted in there UNLESS THEY GO THERE. Let's leave the postings of the political forum where they were originally posted, instead of dragging them over here for all to see. Please.

RIP, Ted. I didn't agree with all of his opinions or actions, but I think he had some good ideas and managed to communicate and advance others' ideas.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(freckles @ Aug 26 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 26 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...posted in the political forum.

The "beauty" of the political forum is that people don't have to read what's posted in there UNLESS THEY GO THERE. Let's leave the postings of the political forum where they were originally posted, instead of dragging them over here for all to see. Please.

I'll take your suggestion under my hat, Freckles
Just curious tho, I haven't seen similar requests from you when others "drag" over political postings/issues. Just something you may want to consider. Please.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 26 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the recalling needs to stop....unless it is on a KitchenAid range.

p.s. being as you work in a hospital LakeNewbie, you know what real horror is.

oh....I quite agree, and have been very vocal that I feel the recalling needs to stop as does the disrespectful hatefilled posts in the PC....and as Capt'n Mike recently pointed out.
Food for thought tho...ever notice the double standard ?? While you may feel comfortable replying to me this way, I seriously doubt you would to some others, one in particular. I am making a valid point and there are countless examples. But, let's just leave it at that and hopefully we can all be adults and think this through.
I certainly hope that was a "cordial" reponse. It was meant to be.

ps...yes, Threecrabs, as you know, I do indeed work in the emergency room where I see alot of horror on too regular a basis. Perhaps that is part of the reason why I resist it - at all degrees - whenever possible.
A slow painful death from brain cancer is indeed horrible...and to publically wish it on someone - anyone- is unconscionable. But, again, that's me....we don't all have to agree.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
WTF!?? Enough with the condescending posts! I don't get on often to read posts, but when I do, I see this crap. ENOUGH!! If you consistently don't like what someone has to say, just please, put them on IGNORE! Don't make every topic about that person, no body wants to read this stuff! Capisci?

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 26 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WTF!?? Enough with the condescending posts! I don't get on often to read posts, but when I do, I see this crap. ENOUGH!! If you consistently don't like what someone has to say, just please, put them on IGNORE! Don't make every topic about that person, no body wants to read this stuff! Capisci?

I agree 1000% and that ignore feature is a great tool, until a post is quoted and I end up seeing it anyway.
It sure would be nice if others could return the favor of using the ingore feature themselves

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Aug 26 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 26 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WTF!?? Enough with the condescending posts! I don't get on often to read posts, but when I do, I see this crap. ENOUGH!! If you consistently don't like what someone has to say, just please, put them on IGNORE! Don't make every topic about that person, no body wants to read this stuff! Capisci?

I agree 1000% and that ignore feature is a great tool, until a post is quoted and I end up seeing it anyway.
It sure would be nice if others could return the favor of using the ingore feature themselves

I'm with you Big Dog!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Don't forget ""Chapaquadick"",

You know God damn well he killed that girl and their family's power and money
got him a "free pass" on that one.

I never did like him.

just cause someone died,,, doesn't mean that their dirty laundry stopped smelling.

Sorry if that offends anyone

peace
pete

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(freckles @ Aug 26 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 26 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...posted in the political forum.

RIP, Ted. I didn't agree with all of his opinions or actions, but I think he had some good ideas and managed to communicate and advance others' ideas.

True don't go there to see all their ugliness

RIP

Forehead Smile Dress shirt Tie Window

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
We are currently vacationing in the New England area. We were is downtown Boston today. By 3:00 the streets were lined with folks waiting to see Kennedy go by. We got out of downtown right before they closed down the roads! We made the best of the short day we had downtown.

Obama's visit to Martha's Vineyard also interrupted our vacation plans. The security issues just did not make a trip to the vineyard worth it.

We did however get to Kennebunkport, ME and did a drive by Bush's place.

The Lobster & seafood has been fantastic!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.