Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Nov 1 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This thread is useless without pics.

lol The pics before the deer was cut up didnt turn out they was taken with a cell phone. But i do have pics of the head or i could take pics of the back straps as i cook them tonight

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 2 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Nov 1 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This thread is useless without pics.

lol The pics before the deer was cut up didnt turn out they was taken with a cell phone. But i do have pics of the head or i could take pics of the back straps as i cook them tonight

better yet ill be over for dinner to confirm this

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I had to many barly pops after we got the deer back to the house. Since I cut up my own deer and was planning on only have back straps and jerky out of the rest. We cut it up that night rather than letting her hang. After the fact i realized it was to dark when i took the pics. So if it won't gross anyone out i can do the head shot.

Also since it is time for the rut i saved the bladder and now have 5-6ozs. of fresh do pee

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice job steve but where is the frickin pics of the head. and I heard doe pee is not a replacement for barly pops. They don't taste the same from what I have heard. So I wouldn't recomend trying that one. LOL

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job steve but where is the frickin pics of the head. and I heard doe pee is not a replacement for barly pops. They don't taste the same from what I have heard. So I wouldn't recomend trying that one. LOL

thats why my beer tasted funny and i couldnt find the doe pee

i will put the pics up today didnt know if people wanted the pics of the head
This is my second year hunting in MI and i have killed 5 here so far four of them with a bow

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would love to learn how to skin/process my own deer. I'm tired of paying someone else to do it. I would probably have to buy a meat grinder and a good set of knives, but in the long run, I'm sure its cheaper than paying to have it done. I've paid about $300 to process 4 deer between last year and this year. The equipment would be a worthy investment. Nobody in my family does it themselves to teach me. I still have to get the dam pics up of my spike horn I shot almost two weeks ago. Best tenderloins I've ever had.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not no butcher but am getting alot better at it. When i do mine i get backstraps, tenders, and jerky. But it is just as easy if you want steaks, roast, and ground meat. I have a slicer for the jerky and am wanting to get a grinder and a sausage maker. But if anyone has a deer that they want me to show them how to cut it up i will for free if you bring it to me. Its actually pretty easy. I paid to have one cut last year and got it back with leaf's and hair all over it. I am very clean when i cut one up. I will never pay to have another one done. I only did it last year because i was busy. If you do choose to pay to have it cut go to a place that does deer not a meat market.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Same offer here. I am by no means a butcher but I do get the job done and am pretty good at teaching people new things. I just cut all the meat off and you can cut it up into whatever you want out of it. That reminds me I have to buy another grinder for the burger. Nothing beats a venison burger on the fourth of july. or for that matter the third or second oh yeah a venison burger is good any time of the year.LOL

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 4 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same offer here. I am by no means a butcher but I do get the job done and am pretty good at teaching people new things. I just cut all the meat off and you can cut it up into whatever you want out of it. That reminds me I have to buy another grinder for the burger. Nothing beats a venison burger on the fourth of july. or for that matter the third or second oh yeah a venison burger is good any time of the year.LOL

I went on youtube and was watching them make summer sausageand it look great. I need a grinder to but i think i will by a hand crank for now. I saw one in the classifieds her but don't know what it comes with.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the guy that wanted more info. I killed her in clinton twp halloween day at 5pm ''before the time change'' I watched her for about 30 minutes before i decided to shoot to see if a buck would follow

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 4 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 4 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same offer here. I am by no means a butcher but I do get the job done and am pretty good at teaching people new things. I just cut all the meat off and you can cut it up into whatever you want out of it. That reminds me I have to buy another grinder for the burger. Nothing beats a venison burger on the fourth of july. or for that matter the third or second oh yeah a venison burger is good any time of the year.LOL

I went on youtube and was watching them make summer sausageand it look great. I need a grinder to but i think i will by a hand crank for now. I saw one in the classifieds her but don't know what it comes with.

That is all I use it takes a little muscle to use it but it is a lot cheaper of an initial investment and works just fine. and it is a dual purpose machine. You can have your wife push the meat through while you turn the crank with one hand and do some 12 ounce curls with the other. Just make sure it is the deer going in the grinder and not your hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts