Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok for the good news went and bought a new bow today bought it at the spur of the moment and used the advice recieved its a 2010 Bear, Charge

Now for the bad news yes I bought it at BPS and It has a whisper biscuit (sorry Scott)

But any ways at least the collection is starting again, now all I need is a treestand and misc. gear clothing, treestand, etc. but atleast I will be able to get out there this year.

Thanks for the advice guys, and if you know anybody selling gear shoot me a line and hope to get out and investigate some land with some of you guys and bag my first bow kill as well.

Now time for some ZzZzZz and a valentines day away from the cpu so ill be on when I can

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
put a wanted add on Craig's list. People are looking to get rid of anything right now and hunting is the last thing on their mind this time of year. You could get some great stuff for a song.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I also shoot a Bear compound, and it has a whisper (I have a friend who refers to the windchill factor as the windshield factor) biscuit as well. I hear more good reviews for a wb than fall aways and the like. Congrats and looking forward to some pics of the new beast.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
wow sweet looking bow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My bow wears a WB as well. There is nothing wrong with them. They're great in the treestand and they have no moving parts, unlike the dropaways. All rests have their pros an cons. I like the WB again because its dummy proof and when I arrive at full draw, my arrow is the last thing I want to worry about. WB rock! Their just not sexy

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sharp bow. All we have to do is get rid of the whisker before you rip off your fletchings. We'll set you up with a real arrow rest. I think I have a spare drop away. Have you shot it yet?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 15 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sharp bow. All we have to do is get rid of the whisker before you rip off your fletchings. We'll set you up with a real arrow rest. I think I have a spare drop away. Have you shot it yet?

Oh yea I popped its cherry right after I bought it sighted it in at 20 just gotta set the last 2 lets go shooting next week sometime im moving this weekend so after i get situated

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTESharp bow. All we have to do is get rid of the whisker before you rip off your fletchings. We'll set you up with a real arrow rest. I think I have a spare drop away. Have you shot it yet?

Rip off fletching? I'm on my second whisker biscuit, 7th layered foam target, and only second dozen arrows, never ripped off any fletching, ever, not even off of the shody Gander Mountain Whitetail arrows I shoot. Waiting to be told my bow is too slow and not powerful enough to do it.

Are there rests out there that are more accurate? Sure, I will take that arguement. But nothing compares like a whisker biscuit when it comes time to slowly and quietly draw back. I think the whisker biscuit was the right call for hunting.

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Feb 16 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll shoot next week sometime if you guys go.

hey fnc , we can shoot at my house anytime up to 70 yrds. now,, if you wanna shoot indoors lets all meet at gilberts for a get together. i havent shot since november, im sure im very rusty dave

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE(DaveS. @ Feb 16 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Feb 16 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll shoot next week sometime if you guys go.

hey fnc , we can shoot at my house anytime up to 70 yrds. now,, if you wanna shoot indoors lets all meet at gilberts for a get together. i havent shot since november, im sure im very rusty dave

I'm game to go anytime. Just let me know when

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I'm game for whenever and wherever. I just don't wanna drop $50 in gas if one of ya'll live in the boonies ya know? It's just not economical for me. But 25-30 miles i'm ok with. I'm in warren.

Gilbert's, Daves', park, I don't care.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Feb 17 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm game for whenever and wherever. I just don't wanna drop $50 in gas if one of ya'll live in the boonies ya know? It's just not economical for me. But 25-30 miles i'm ok with. I'm in warren.

Gilbert's, Daves', park, I don't care.
Dave has got a nice place there. Stopped by yesterday to pick up the yote and was short on time but it looked like he a nice chunk of land there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.