Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are planning a fishing trip Thursday after work to hook into a few bass. We would be launching out of Harley-Ensign, appreciate any information to a place to start, say like 400 club in 12fow, can't run too far in dads 16ft, 40 horse Lund. Seems like the bass fishing has been slow so far this year. Will post the results.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A good place to start would be between 11 and 12 mile roads in around 10 to 12 feet of water. Lots of structure and weedy. I've had pretty good luck there nailing the smallies on jigs and crank baits. Good luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you're looking to fish the mile roads, launch from the DNR site on Crocker, just south of Metro, across the street from Eddie's Drive-in. You'll save the ride from Harley Ensign. Good approach to mile roads is to start out from the 400 Club in 8-10 fow and then work your east out to 16 fow and then zigzag southwest and then east. You'll be covering varying depths as you proceed south down as far 9-10 Mile. If you don't get bit, change your location and baits up frequently. Hang a boat road out as you drift with a tube or grub, let it run/drag near bottom or weed tops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts