Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Man, did we get hosed last night or what. Fished from 400 down to almost 9 mile anywhere from 11 to 15 feet. A few tiny perch, few tiny bass, 3-4 SHEEPheads and one nice almost trophy sized bass... sob was about 3 lbs. The wind was either howling and dragging us waaaaay tioo fast or we were sitting in one spot and not moving at all. It also kept on changing direction and tangling up all the lines., and the waves got pretty nasty. After the sundown fishing died. Period. I was using a crawler harness on one rod and H2o's berkley powergrubs (white ) on the other on a small 1/8oz sinker jig. Had a tiny little bass on the powergrub... and a few fish hooked that didnt make it to the boat. Just kept on slipping off! Is there a secret h2o? I rarely lose them on regular hooks. What am i doing wrong? And in terms of 'eyes... Not a single one in side. Just damn SHEEPheads. One of them that i pulled out was totally golden. I've never seen them so yellow before. Usually they are silverish. And another thing. Alot of perch that i have been getting have red ulcerations on their bodies. Anyone notice that? Is that some kind of a virus or a parasite?

See ya'll out there this weekend....

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING FOUL LANGUAGE!

Mini

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was out there last night too. From about 5:30 to 8:30 fishing same area, couldn't get bit till I move into 7' of water then only a few small mouth. Never had one of those days where you catch 50 smallies, 25 perch, etc. Starting to think you can't believe all you read.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
There are a ton of fish in the area, but you cannot expect them to be in that same place day in and day out. By moving shallow you were doing the right thing, also try deeper.

50 fish days on Clair are not uncommon, you just have to work for them. Once you find them you will understand....

Mini

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Beermaster: in post where it says topic starter click on h2o there you'll find my screenname to I.M. me or e-mail I tryed to e-mail you but i don't think your on aol. I want to refine your technique for drift dragin.

h2o

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about the lingo Mini. I was just attempting to describe how frusturated I am with that particular species of fish

·
Registered
927 Posts
dsull,

dont give up that easy man. its all right place/right time/right attitude.

have you been fishing lsc long?

whether you know the lake or just get lucky and get on fish, keep working and you will have many days with 50+ fish. i promise. just pay attention to all the details when you are catching them here and there. and from there you can fine tune what you are doing to find exactly what the fish want. once you give them that, you will catch the heck out of them.

work man, WORK! nothing comes easy.

madman himself

·
Registered
70 Posts
It must have been one of those days. The Bananna-boat went in at Crocker about 8:00 AM and went down to Memorial Park. Drifted in. Drifted out. Nothing. The Bananna-boat then headed South to 10 Mile. Drifted there for a while. Nothing. The BB then headed out to the L bouy and tried again. Consistant results. Went down and tried the Dumping Grounds. Same old song. The boat then started heading back North with stops along the way at Nine Mile, Memorial Park and Crocker. All in all it was a beautiful day for fishing, just not catchin. The Bananna-boat has been doing the morning thing but it thinks it will try the evening pretty soon.
Good Fishing
The Bananna-boat

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd have to agree with the bananna boat. My father-in-law was all day yesterday. Fished everywhere from the launch by Crocker to the firecracker to the Canadian shore to the St. Clair Light to Buoy S. and back up the mile roads. Only caught some bass (mostly small ones), a couple muskie followed, & that's all she wrote. Better luck this weekend boys

·
Registered
139 Posts
madman--- Second year, I go out 3-4 hours after work a couple time a week and either all day sat or sunday. Don't get me wrong I catch fish most days but still waiting for that big school of hungry bass. I usually drift like h20 with tubes, grubs on lite line, throw some crank baits, spinners,etc. even bought a under water camera to try to find good spots. It's a big lake and I'm still trying to get to know it, I do work work work and I know it will pay off someday, it's just you get so geeked up with antisipation that today is going to be the day and it just hasen't happend yet.

sully

·
Registered
19 Posts
me and my partner also got out thursday nite.launched the boat around 10.caught our first 1 around 10.15 it was a 18 footer with a broken motor and no lights.after we towed them back in started fishing around 11 or so. first line in the water produced anice 26in 5lb walleye{biggest 4 me sofar this year}ended up with 5 buddy only got 1{he shouldnt have waxed the boat lol} was back at ramp at 2. may the fishing gods bless each and everyone of u later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts