Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who likes good quality meats and deli items...

you just GOTTA try Agrusa's on 17 and Dequindre.

We used to shop there all the time when we lived out that way and now only manage to pop in a few times
a year...

They were never my favorites for fruit...but great veggies and wide variety of them too...
not just the standard kroger/meijer offerings.

But....their specialties are meats, cheeses and olives..and the bread ?? omg..the bread !!

Italian, Arabic, Jewish ....you name it...they've got it.

Tons of nuts and assorted candies n wines cookies and pastas of all kinds...

hard to find ethnic specialties...with a lean towards arabic/italian ....

They have the freshest olives...and some of the best cheeses....

we like the feta and ricotta from the deli case...

and a chunk of Asiago from the wrapped cheese case.

You know how Kroger and Meijer want 59 cents per pound for bananas ?? well they are 39 cents here.

Reason I mention it is two fold...

1) it looks like business has been a lil slow for them lately....you can tell this in the produce....and I'd really like to see them do well. They've been there for years and I hope they continue to be. Once you are a customer, I'm betting you will too.

2) if you have trouble locating speciality items...this would be your answer....for lotsa old time favorites...like ready to eat lupini beans in the casing....or...roasted and salted chic peas...bulgar...and pastina for the lil ones....

on and on.....

If you have a chance..please check them out and see what you think....I promise you won't be disappointed in the veggies, meats, deli items..olives and breads....
fruits are sometimes on the iffy side and a lil expensive...but then again..this isn't supermarket variety....so you get what you pay for.

If you check it out and like it...please lemme know. I'd love to hear.

ohhhhhhh......
and there is a middle eastern bakery two doors down right next to joe bologna's.....
there you can get what your grandma's used to bake....from baklava to zatyr...(flat bread and spices)
or spinach pies by the dozen.

We just got back from shopping there...can you tell ??? hehehe

Mods, caps..if you feel this is inappropriate...please delete...otherwise...

Enjoy !

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh...did I mention baby back ribs for 3.99 per lb....
and ground round for 1.99 per lb. that's 1.99 for extra lean ground beef...
you have to but it in ten pound increments for that price...but they are happy to package it seperately for you.

Also..got some beautiful sirloin tip steaks for a specialty italian dish my family loves...

and cubed steaks....gonna make those with gravy and taters... GREAT for a crock pot night...

and city chicken on kabobs....spindini....etc etc...

happy shopping !

deli has everything from roasted peppers to french or greek feta....ricotta...tabuleh, hummus...egg rolls...
spinach pies...etc etc

side note...I do not know the owners...I don't have stock in their business and no one I know works there.

just happily passing along a good find

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol....three complaints and it'll be gone....

I'm just jazzed coz it's been forever since we've been there and we finally made it today....

fridge and freezer are full and no one in this house is going to go hungry :)

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are they near Joe Bologna?
Yes!

QUOTE(gradytom @ Aug 26 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ventimiglia's on Dodge Park just N. of 15 for me!
Yes! Rich and my girls are hooked on their Italian subs. Plus, their other foods are scrumcious! You can smell the Italian when you walk in.

They closed the Agrusa's by my house....I swear every time I go in there they had fruit flies every where. Maybe the other one is better? I've never been in there.... I go to Nino's myself.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(gradytom @ Aug 26 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ventimiglia's on Dodge Park just N. of 15 for me!

alot of peeps like that place too ! :) plus, if I'm not mistaken they supply some restaurants as well ??
always a good sign

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 26 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They closed the Agrusa's by my house....I swear every time I go in there they had fruit flies every where. Maybe the other one is better? I've never been in there.... I go to Nino's myself.

now that you mention it...I had completely forgotten about the new one out there !
it was HUGE. we happened by it on accident one day while shop a ling for other things....
they may have bitten off a bit more than they could chew with that one.

this one tho, on 17 and dequindre...is just right altho...I hope they don't close too.
Nino's is ok...lil too commercial for me...but my DIL's like it. Altho, they'll chose Randazzo over it to save a few $$$ sometimes.

I just really like to see the smaller mom and pop places do well. It seems if you ask them for something, they either have it or they order it for you.

Like I said, their fruit isn't first on my list...it can sometimes look as tho it's sat awhile. Produce is a tough game. But their meats and deli items are standing room only line ups everytime we go in there.

just passing the word...maybe helping the little guys

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 26 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just really like to see the smaller mom and pop places do well. It seems if you ask them for something, they either have it or they order it for you.

Like I said, their fruit isn't first on my list...it can sometimes look as tho it's sat awhile. Produce is a tough game. But their meats and deli items are standing room only line ups everytime we go in there.

just passing the word...maybe helping the little guys

I'm with you. As a small business owner, I have a lot of respect for people out there who put their all into a business.

I'm a Randazzo guy because it's a block from my office, but close to home we are regular's at WEISS MEAT MARKET. It's nowhere the size of Agrusa's, it's a tiny little place in a strip mall, but they always seem to have what we need to get a meal made, and their meats are fresh and priced right. And the kind of personal service where the guy that packages your order rings you out as well. Super guys over there.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's the second time I've heard good things about this place.
where is it ?? close to home ??

need something for those inbetween jaunt times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts