Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know people who have lost their jobs because of the economic hard times in our area. I would ask that you please pass this message on to those people.

President Obama is interested in helping the unemployed people in Michigan. As a result, OPM is partnering with Federal Agencies to bring jobs to the Michigan area to help individuals find work and support the economic recovery of Michigan. OPM will be hosting a Hiring Fair targeted at non-status applicants on July 30, 2009. Vacancies are posted at: http://www.usajobs.com, click on Detroit Hiring Fair. The positions listed on this site are ones Federal Agencies have identified to be filled at the Hiring Fair.

To be considered for these positions, applicants must apply on-line prior to the closing of the announcement. Referral lists will be issued to supervisors who will then select the individuals to be interviewed. Invitations to attend the Hiring Fair will be sent to those individuals identified to be interviewed. The ticket into the Hiring Fair will be the invitation and a picture ID.

Please check the website listed above throughout the week as Agencies will be updating this site with new vacancies.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Alot of those jobs are gonna be filled by people who were displaced by the base realignment and closure BS. By the way thanks alot candace miller for pushing to giveall the army property, waterfront, at selfridge away and now they are renting the same space from the airguard cus they are packed in the arsenal, great plan, I'm sure your contractor buddies aren't gonna end up with that land for say a retirement home. beeeeooootch!

Obama is using it for a photo op that they are gonna help people in michigan, since he has screwed the UAW, good luck to any one trying for these jobs but go into it with low expectations, I don't think it's gonna be as good as they are making it sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts