Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the GPS coordinates for the markers (A, B, C and D)for the dumping grounds? Specifically, the B and C marker positions would help out a lot. I spent a lot of time fishing there in the late 80's and early 90's but haven't been able to make it out very often for the past few years. Last time we went out the markers were not in. Have they been put back out this year?

Also, any word on weed length in that area. We used to find large, tree size weed clumps which would just about hit the surface there. The last time I was out there in late summer, I noticed that the clumps were much smaller and there were very few of them. We used to kill the perch in deeper water in that area around those clumps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I looked at my bluecharts, it shows 4 corners of dumping grounds are however doesnt show the markers.

On a map the whole area is rectangluar in shape(forgice my crude illustration)
not sure if it will even come out right in the post

shipping channel ===========
===================
======== ===
==== NE N42 24.416 W82 49.835
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| __________| SE N42 23.612 W82 48.878
| ________-------------
|____--------
SW N42 22.192 W82 51.023

canadian border comes pretty close to sw corner, so watch out....

Hope this is good enuff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Beermaster!

Maybe I'll see you out there soon. We are heading out for a maiden voyage on a little 17 footer I inherited. As long as it runs well, we will be out in or near the dumping grounds scoping things out.

How were the weed clumps last time you were there? If you are looking for perch, it helps to butt your boat up against a large one. Once you find the perch, the Eyes will appear in the evening, most times you won't have to move.

Thanks again for the coordinates.

·
Registered
280 Posts
can anyone tell me directions to get to the dumping grounds from Metro? i dont have a gps and i have no clue how i would get there
finally got a boat and got it in the water last weekend, 18ft bayliner capri.
if anyone can help me out, i would really appreciate it.
thanks guys

·
Registered
230 Posts
Basically you head S-SW out of Metro It is located just east of the shipping channel, straight out from Moross Road, which is 7 mile. You can use the shiping channel as a guide to get there. Hope that helps
I plan on heading there hopefully Saturday. I don't have a gps yet either. There are supposed to be 4 buoys marking the corners, but sonicartist mentioned they were not there last time he was out. Nobody confirmed if they are there or not this year. I haven't been out there yet. Maybe somebody can help with that. Without the buoys or a gps, you do not know when you enter Canadian waters. Don't want to mess with that

·
Registered
230 Posts
Basically you head S-SW out of Metro It is located just east of the shipping channel, straight out from Moross Road, which is 7 mile. You can use the shiping channel as a guide to get there. Hope that helps
I plan on heading there hopefully Saturday. I don't have a gps yet either. There are supposed to be 4 buoys marking the corners, but sonicartist mentioned they were not there last time he was out. Nobody confirmed if they are there or not this year. I haven't been out there yet. Maybe somebody can help with that. Without the buoys or a gps, you do not know when you enter Canadian waters. Don't want to mess with that

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am sorry, but i couldnt tell you anything about the weed conditions. It's my first year ruinning around the lake and i havent had a chance to actually visit the dunping grounds yet. I'll be out by the middle channel/gull area tonight tho around the buoys 26-31.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was trying to drift about 500-1000 yards away from the channel... Never had a bite of any kind in 38 feet of water. I am not sure if eyes go that deep, maybe inb the winter?

Take extra crawlers. With those pesky baby perch you're gonna need them!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I caught them in the channel earlier this year, about middlle of May. I know you were in American waters, but were you on the west side of the channel, or east side? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts