Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought GPS Garmin 176 C. It works great. Save my butt few times.
It has a many futures. Thank You Bill for your help last Sunday.
Money well spend

G

·
You bet, MadMax. Anytime. You will have fun with it.

I didnt take the boat out of the water till 11:30 last night. The lake was like glass.....Loved it! Didn't want to go home. And, it was all because of the GPS, I could stay out that late and enjoy some night runnin'!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jun 2 2003, 11:24 AM)You bet, MadMax. Anytime. You will have fun with it.

I didnt take the boat out of the water till 11:30 last night. The lake was like glass.....Loved it! Didn't want to go home. And, it was all because of the GPS, I could stay out that late and enjoy some night runnin'!
I need your number. I went back around 8:00 pm and stay to about 11:00 pm
It was great . I did try channel 69 but nobody was around

·
12,052 Posts
Rerun and I got back to Beacon Cove around 7:30 or 8:00, dont really remember. It makes for a long Monday.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 2 2003, 12:04 PM)Rerun and I got back to Beacon Cove around 7:30 or 8:00, dont really remember. It makes for a long Monday.

don't really remember.

I know Why

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Hey madmax,
I got the same GPS and love it. Still learning all the bells and whistles.

Got to change out a prop, in the water, and then back to zipping across the lake.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Jun 2 2003, 02:23 PM)Hey madmax,

Got to change out a prop, in the water, and then back to zipping across the lake.
What happened with a prop ??

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
hey guys,

i was out on the river last night too. took a short cruise from kean's/roostertail to ambassador bridge, around canadian side of belle isle and back to kean's.

it was indeed like glass out there last night.

i have a gpsmap 175 w/gchart and absolutely love it. the gchart makes the difference.

see you on the lake.

best,
gus

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 2 2003, 01:36 PM)QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Jun 2 2003, 02:23 PM) Hey madmax,

What happened with a prop ??
Had just finished installing the GPS and radar unit and took the boat out for a test run on the electronics. Got about a mile out from HCN and the port engine raced to 5000 rpm while running smooth and on plane. Shut her down and suffered no damage but turns out I spun the hub on the port propeller.

Easy fix, but I just had both prop''s refinished and worked less than 3 hours of running time before. Brinik (Brian) who did the installation and was with me when it spun had a spare prop at his house and lent it to me. I'mgetting mine fixed this week and picking up my own spare for sure.

Jim

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 2 2003, 11:11 AM)don't really remember.

I know Why

Very Funny Max.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 5 2003, 12:07 PM)QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 2 2003, 11:11 AM) don't really remember.

I know Why

Very Funny Max.

Just a joke. I knew the beer was gone on Sunday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts