Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a GPS, but money is really tight, so i will have to go handheld. can anyone recommend a quality gps at a good price? or even if someone has a used one they would like to get rid of.
also, if anyone knows a cheap spot to buy them

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
The Garmin eTrex Personal Navigator. Locks on very quickly, is very accurate (WAAS enabled), small and lightweight. It uses only 2 AA batteries and I get about 15-20 hours runtime on them. It is about $120. I have had several handhelds and the eTrex is by far the best.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go to Best Buy for a handheld GPS. They have a good selection and all are at a reasonable price and seem to be priced the lowest.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I bought my Garmin 76S GPS Handheld on E-Bay. It took me 2 weeks to get it by bidding.. It cost almost $400 new in the box and I got it for $300 new in the box from a dealer. I really like it. It has a lot more memory space in it for way points and such. Take a look at E-Bay and see what they have to offer..... Only giving you my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with the E-Trex. It is lightweight waterproof and easy to use. I have it hooked to my Sc-Tex fishfinder to mark spots where I get hits so that I can go back to them. Great combination.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well I got my new GPS a few weeks ago so my old one is for sale
Now I used the attena & mounting bracket from the old unit so you get the new ones.

I also have a GBR-21 DGPS attena, second power cord and a low profile GA-26 car attena so you can use it in the boat and car.

DONT FORGET this comes with the St. Clair G-Chart chip that costs $199.00

HERES WHAT YOU GET!
Garmin GPSMAP230 $991.99

New Garmin GA 29 GPS antenna N/A

New Garmin GBR 21 DGPS antenna $189.95

St. Clair Data Chip # MGUS599SM $199.00

Second Power/DataCord N/A

New Mounting Bracket N/A

Used GA26 low profile antenna $99.00

Manuals for all items N/A

Quick reference guide N/A

Garmin Software to manage your waypoints $99.00

TOTAL $1,579.94
Selling For $400.00 the price of a hand held

The Garmin GPSMAP 230 offers boaters advanced GPS performance on a 7.1" diagonal, track-up display that's sure to set the standard for big-screen chartplotting. Add in simple, menu-driven operation, G-chartcartography with seamless Navionics charts, and a powerful, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver, and you've got a powerful navigator that's ideal for serious offshore use.

The GPSMAP 230 also boasts a set of impressive navigation features like user-selectable data fields, simple, 'point and shoot' waypoint and route creation, fuel and trip planning, and Garmin's exclusive TracBack™ automatic track log navigation. It even comes complete with a surface/flush mount bracket that makes installation a snap-in the bulkhead or at the helm. Put it all together, and it's easy to see why the GPSMAP 230 is the biggest thing to hit marine electronics in years.

Call me at 248-542-5254

READ MORE

·
Registered
19 Posts
I to have a Garmin E-Trex easy to use love it . got the mounting and power cord off of E-Bay ..... CHEAPPPPPP !!!!! Anything you need you can find on E-Bay .... Good luck .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts