Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want granite...

however you can get corion with the sink built right in and that's pretty cool....

Anybody have any pro's or cons to each??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have granite and just love it. The nice thing is you can do anything to it, well almost. You can cut on it bang stuff all over it or whatever and all you do is just wipe it up. If you can spend a little more I'd say go for it. I will always have granite anywhere I live.

Especially with kids. Heck Ryan was coloring on it and all I had to do was spray some windex on it and it was gone. I'm thinking of my next house of having a Granite dining table made for the same reasons.
Just my .02

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've spilt everything imagineable on our counters and you seriously can't do a darn thing wrong to it. Definitely can't stain it.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ Feb 12 2004, 12:11 PM)I've spilt everything imagineable on our counters and you seriously can't do a darn thing wrong to it. Definitely can't stain it.
Sorry, I was thinking of marble when my wife wanted to have a table made.... It's marble that stains... Your right again Jewels.... :>)

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Feb 12 2004, 12:10 PM)Hey P, check out silestone, it's the best of both. www. stellarstone.net
I'm checking out the website now, do you have it?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 12 2004, 12:23 PM)QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Feb 12 2004, 12:10 PM) Hey P, check out silestone, it's the best of both. www. stellarstone.net
I'm checking out the website now, do you have it?
is that the quartz stuff i was talking about, silestone?

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
My next house I build I'll have granite with an undermounted stainless sink. I've talked to a few people with corian with built in sink and their sink stained. I think either way you go, you will want an undermounted stainless sink.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I like granite better than corian, both are pricey though. With granite you don't even need a cutting board anymore!
If you go with granite, call me, we have did extensive research on it for our kitchen, we found a place for $38 sq foot installed, which is by far the lowest we have found. If anyone can beat that price I would be surprised and I definately need their number!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
why do you want granite ?
what is wrong with a pleasant, cost effective laminant?
imean wolfgang puck i understand demanding granite, he can afford it.
but the average person, is it really a neccesity ......
seems a bit overkill, and will not be an added value in the scheme of the houses market.

i mean it would be like putting luxury leather mercedes seat and state of the art anti lock brakes on a yugo.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Eddie, that is your assessment... not mine. And you can stop with the whole thing where you think I think I'm better than everyone else now...

<_<

Jesus... it's been long enough.

and does not address the question at hand...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 12 2004, 01:47 PM)Eddie, that is your assessment... not mine. And you can stop with the whole thing where you think I think I'm better than everyone else now...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey girl!
I can't remember what our friends parents went with? I know it's one of those and it's very pricey - well they are rich, but kinda cheap - ok, very cheap - so they went to Canada and ordered their countertop and saved TONS of money?

Just an idea?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Feb 12 2004, 01:50 PM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 12 2004, 01:47 PM) Eddie, that is your assessment... not mine. And you can stop with the whole thing where you think I think I'm better than everyone else now...

Seriously, although you both amuse the heck out of me, why don't you guys just get a room and get your freak on once and for all???

With respect to the subject at hand, my experience is that you can clean up all types of stains with granite but it's still a little cold on you a$$!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts