Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am planning on going musky casting tmrw morning. I think I know where grassy island is from selfridge but any help would be cool, directions, what they are hitting on, where to fish around the island, and anything else to help out..... Thanks a lot everyboby for any help on the new location trial

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Grass (Brunner) Island is off the north channel...fish west of the island anywhere from 5 feet to 12 till ya find 'em. They'll hit or follow almost anything. Larger baits are starting to work better.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
The offical name of the island is Grass Island. There are 2 Grassy Islands on the Detroit river (1 on US side the other Ontario)
When heading out of Selfridge head east at 80 degrees, it's about 6 miles to the island. Fish the west side & watch out for the tuna boats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE(snowman @ Sep 11 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Grass (Brunner) Island is off the north channel...fish west of the island anywhere from 5 feet to 12 till ya find 'em. They'll hit or follow almost anything. Larger baits are starting to work better.

I fished this island last year with no success. The area around the island was extremely shallow, around 1 foot. The only depth I could find was on east side at the river channel. Do the regulars fish far away from the island (several hundred yards), I couldnt find any depths of 10 feet+. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yes, your fishing to close to the island. Move west of the island till you find deeper water. I'm often 1/4 to 1/2 mile from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.