Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking for some good deals on musky lures check this out. I bought some myself even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.
The wife is going to kill me.

http://www.robertsoutdoors.com/Specials.asp

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(AlexG @ Jul 27 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What happened to making your own tails? Cheating on your own product.

I didn't buy any bucktails.
No need for me to buy bucktails anymore, I'll be making my own from now on. I have made 8 so far & used 3 of them & all 3 have caught fish the first time out. I have $15 bucktails that I bought 2 years ago & they haven't caught a damn thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
be careful of the shallowraiders and the depthraiders they are cheaply made. I bought a couple and the plastic lips fell off of 3 of them 2 before they even touched the water 1 on like the 4th cast

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(david c @ Jul 27 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>be careful of the shallowraiders and the depthraiders they are cheaply made. I bought a couple and the plastic lips fell off of 3 of them 2 before they even touched the water 1 on like the 4th cast

The depthraider that I have has held up great over the years & no problems with it. The lip on it is not separate from the body so I don't see it falling off.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(david c @ Jul 27 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>be careful of the shallowraiders and the depthraiders they are cheaply made. I bought a couple and the plastic lips fell off of 3 of them 2 before they even touched the water 1 on like the 4th cast

Not a huge fan of the product line myself. Not saying it's trash, but stuff like attaching hooks to his bucktails with clevises......tsk tsk....

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know the buchertails don't stand up very well. After one 30" musky my red buchertail looks like it's been through a war!

The last treble is completely exposed, the wire looks like an S, half the paint is missing from the blade........ unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be designed to take a lickin and keep on tickin.
I've got 1 BR that has 3 skies under it's belt and you can't even tell

Thanks for the info though Zib!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(david c @ Jul 27 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The older stuff was great. When roberts outdoors took over it seems the quality went way down. I guess I should have been more specific when I said the lip fell off it was only half the lip.

Roberts Outdoors isn't supposed to be handling his lures no more. I think that's why they are closing out those lures.

All of my Bucher lures are several years old, pre- Roberts Outdoors so that's probably why they have held up good. They catch me fish so I can't complain. I have 4 BR's & have only caught a few SM on them (smallies bent them up). I no longer have them in my box because I needed the room for my own creations. I never liked how the BR's cast. If there's ever another LSCN swap meet I'll probably trade them for something else.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered some lures on Monday & FedEx delivered them today.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.

Wifey's gonna kill me too! I couldn't pass up the rattlin baits..... at least they're cheap!

You are right...... I am gonna kill you. Its not because you bought more. Its because you didn't ask me if I wanted any~ I hate paying double shipping.

·
Registered
407 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.

Wifey's gonna kill me too! I couldn't pass up the rattlin baits..... at least they're cheap!

You are right...... I am gonna kill you. Its not because you bought more. Its because you didn't ask me if I wanted any~ I hate paying double shipping.

Now that theres funny, I don't care who you are. Glad my wife not on the site, but she did happen to see a minnow receipt and ask me what the hell a charge for $17.99 was for "Big Boy" tandem.(sirfishalot made lures). I tell you what I replied but they would probably ax it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(Jagarmeister @ Jul 29 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.

Now that theres funny, I don't care who you are. Glad my wife not on the site, but she did happen to see a minnow receipt and ask me what the hell a charge for $17.99 was for "Big Boy" tandem.(sirfishalot made lures). I tell you what I replied but they would probably ax it.

I said the same t hing you probably said that cannot be mentioned. I told Jason that some of his huge plastic/rubber musky lures don't look like fishing equipment.

·
Registered
407 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jagarmeister @ Jul 29 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.

I said the same t hing you probably said that cannot be mentioned. I told Jason that some of his huge plastic/rubber musky lures don't look like fishing equipment.

Ya, some lures would make nice earrings. Im still trying to figure out what a Boga Grip does?

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(Jagarmeister @ Jul 29 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jagarmeister @ Jul 29 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more lures this year. I couldn't pass up a good deal.

I said the same thing you probably said that cannot be mentioned. I told Jason that some of his huge plastic/rubber musky lures don't look like fishing equipment.

Ya, some lures would make nice earrings. Im still trying to figure out what a Boga Grip does?

Serious note.That thing is awesome! I went out and bought one and it holds this fishes mouth so you can release the fish or take photos with it more easily. On a funny note I get your point....Teehee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.