Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reeling in one time bringing in a 8 inch perch, when all of a sudden a 5 lb. pike came out of nowhere, pausing the retrive, the pike slammed the perch as the new battle began i finally boated the perch and pike. Now this is not a fish story it really happened. NOW LET'S HEAR YOUR FISH STORY. KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET. h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I had a 43 inch Muskie by the tail while it was laying on its side next to the boat. As I reached out with the hook outs to remove the Red Eye from its lower jaw a Muskie of near 40 lbs came out from under the boat and took that 43 inch fish right out of my hand. I was lucky as I had the reel in free spool otherwise the rod and reel would have been gone. It took me several minutes to get that big Muskie to let go of the smaller one. It also took me about 30 minutes to get that 43 incher to swim away. It did survive the attact as a Client caught it a couple of weeks later in the same area.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Muskiebobsr. Now that's quite a story. My son caught the same bass a day later. We know because when he caught it the second time his tru-turn hook was in its mouth...It broke off at the boat the first time he caught it. Now i have to go get some of those RedEyes Muskiebobsr. mentioned....HEHE thanks!!!! h2o

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was fishing Blue Marlin in the Virgin Islands on my honeymoon. There was four couples on the charterboat including my wife and myself that each paid $275.00 dollars to fish for six hours. It didn't take long before one person got seasick then two then three then four then five then six then seven including my wife. I was the only one left able to fish. All seven people are begging to go back as they are vomiting violently over the side of the boat . The captain said there would be no refunds and it was up to me because I paid my money and deserved a day of Marlin fishing.This trip was my dream and it was'nt going to be ruined by a bunch of rookies. So guess what. I fished for six hours by myself on fifty foot boat while seven people were vomiting the whole time staring up at me like it's my fault. What a dream fishing trip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fishing a tourney last year opening day and having a 4.5pound smallie on topwater....at 3:26pm..weigh-in 3:30pm....100yards outside the channel while everyone is flying buy at 60mph...priceless

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Was jigging for walleye in the North Channel when I hooked into a decent size fish. Got it to the surface just in time to see it was a 3 pound smallie before the line snapped. Tied on another jig and continued fishing. On the very next pass I caught the same smallmouth with my jig still in its lip. I removed both jigs and returned the fish to the river.
I did the same thing ice fishing once. Lost a 12" perch at the top of the hole. Grabbed another ice rod and within 2 minutes caught the same fish, got my lure back and had a nice perch dinner to boot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fishing the tailwaters of a dam years ago and hooked into a big catfish. Got it in and saw that it had a jerkbait a spinnerbait AND my grub in its mouth. The line snapped as I was trying to get it in. I always wonder if someone caught it with three baits sticking out of its mouth!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was fishing and camping at the moon river, in the georgian bay. I went in our tent once and saw a mouse. Well the poor vermon met a size 12 foot.... I decided to put it on a hook and giant bopper. Tossed it out from the camp and nailed a Pike. Put it out again and nailed a largemouth. Put it out again another largemouth.. That was sure a great bait... Well i decided to use it to troll with. Guess what another pike.... It's a classic story when i get togeather with my brothers on new fishing journey's... h2o Now add a story to this site.... go for it.. thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
i think my favorite story i could tell is that of when i was around 11 years old and fishing off a dock in higgins lake (my parents friends had property there) bluegill and sunfish were all around the dock. well, i left my line in the water while sneaking in the woods to "take care of some business", when i came back, there was a large black snake with a bluegill in its mouth on the shore by the dock, so i walked around onto the dock the otherway. at the time, my dad and brother were walking up and saw the snake, i began to reel up the line and it was on shore with the SNAKE!, apparently i hooked one, snake saw it helpless, and grabbed it. i never hooked the snake, but wow, for 11 years old i was just about scared to death that it might come after me !

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was fishing the spring walleye run in the Maumee River (NW Ohio) (Greatest walleye fishing anywhere if you ask me - February - April) - I hooked a decent sized jack and was fighting him toward the boat. It is really difficult to net fish in this river because the clarity is so poor - you can't see fish that are 6 inches under the water! - My buddy scooped the net down to get the fish - brought it up into the boat - and their were 3 fish in the net! - The one that I caught on my jig - and 2 other jacks - the smallest was 19 inches! I had to pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming!

·
Registered
927 Posts
when i was younger and still living with my parents, i used to fish a small pond across the street everyday. this pond was full of pig largemouth.

we used to catch live frogs from puddles after a good rain and use them to catch these bass. well, one day i was fishing on the otherside casting towards an island. i was trying to get it as close to the island as i could but casted with a little too much juice and rapped my line around a bush. i was caught and there was no way it was coming free. my frog was jumping in a cirle on the shore ( he was also caught on the branch) when a kingfisher swooped down from a tree and ate my frog. when he turned to fly away he buried my hook into his beak. now, my line, my frog, and my fine feathered friend are all caught in this tree.

we had to "borrow" my neighbors john boat to get out to the island and unhook the bird. it wasnt easy but we were able to free the bird unharmed and i even got my frog back, well, half of it anyway.

madman himself

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was anchored in the SC River just above Snoopy's Bar cannal last year casting in some Silver Bass. You know how they fight right? Well I had one coming in about 5 yards out when all of a sudden BOOM!!
Spool started singing. Yep, huge Musky on but not hooked. He had the bass sideways and wouldn't let go. I fought him for 10 minutes, had him right at the boat and he just opened his mouth and sank away.
This fish had eyes as big as golf balls. Must of been 4' long!
Needless to say the Bass was shredded.

Went on to hook 2 more good ones chugging in that same area later in the year.
Sure are some big Muskys crusing the SC river.
See you on the crick.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guy's for the stories. there all good... keep them coming this is interesting reading.... h2o

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
While fishing the Moon River area trolling for musky I hooked a 2 foot northern pike, somthing my 2 brothers and myself call a toofer. Upon reeling in the toofer, out of nowhere came a squawking sea gull diving down upon the doomed pike. That dang gull didn`t let go till I got him about 10 feet from the boat. Thought I was gonna have poultry with my fish that night.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just made a long run from Harley Ensign up the St. Clair River across from the Pine River. First tournament of the season for me and the adrenalin was flowing like a river in early spring. Stopped the boat and reached for my rattletrap and made the first cast of the season. BANG, a four lb. Smallmouth grabbed it and the fight started. Since this was the first tournament fish of the year and it was a good one I took extra care bringing it to the side of the boat, when I felt it was ready to be brought in I reached over and lipped the fish securely. Just as I was lifting it out of the water a huge river pike exploded just inches from my face and grabbed the samllmouth. The fight was on again; this time I had the rattletrap in the smallmouth's mouth with treble hooks flying, the smallmouth fighting to save its life and this pike from HELL trying to make my smallmouth and my fingers for his breakfast. All the while my partner was trying to figure which item to save, the four lb. Smallmouth or my fingers. After what seemed like an eternity the pike finally released the smallmouth from its clutches and I successfully landed the samllmouth and put it into the live well. I had to sit down for about 15 minute before I could stand again. I can still remember seeing those ominous empty eyes of that pike just inches from my face starring at me thinking that I was depriving him of his meal. To this day I use a net whenever possible to land my fish.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the post with the unofficial world record muskie caught in Canada's Georgian Bay. My brother was in a tackle store in a state he was in on a fishing vacation. He heard a couple of fisherman talking about this unofficial world record caught in the Georgian Bay. Listening to them from the next isle in the store he heard them say ya right they were thinking it was a fish story and that they were in disbelief about this story. Well my brother went out to the car got the photo's and articles about the fish. He than came back into the store and approached these fisherman showing the picture's and articles and telling them he was the one that caught it. Well needless to say these fisherman were shocked and believe it happened now... Isn't that amazing. A once in a life time story in it's own.... I wonder what will happen next in this saga of the unofficial record muskie. thanks for reading this. h2o

·
Registered
533 Posts
While throwing tubes for smallies near the mouth of the Johnson channel, I hooked a 27" pike. As I was fighting the fish at boatside a huge muskie grabbed onto the pike and shook it like a ragdoll. After about 30 seconds of tug of war, the muskie released the pike. It took more than a few minutes to revive and release the pike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WHILE CASTING FOR SALMON WITH FRIENDS OFF THE WALL IN PORT SANILAC. ONE OF THE GUYS HAD AN OLD FISHING ROD. HE WAS CASTING PLUGS WHEN A SALMON SLAMMED THE LURE, HE SET THE HOOK. ROD TOOK A GOOD BEND AND FINALLY, WHAM!!! ROD BROKE IN HALF. HERE'S THE FISH ROLLING ON THE SURFACE AND A PANIC STRICKEN FISHMAN LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "HELP". TOLD HIM TO GRAB THE LINE AND PULL THE FISH IN HAND OVER HAND WHILE I GET THE NET. TOOK TIME TO BRING THE FISH IN BUT LOW AND BEHOLD THE FISH WAS REACHABLE. CAREFULLY PLACING THE NET UNDER THE FISH HEAD FIRST, THE FISH FELT THE NET AND WHOOSH! IT DOVE INTO THE NET. SCOOPED UP THE FISH GAVE IT TO MY BUDDY. TOOK A GREAT PICTURE; ANGLER,FISH AND BROKEN ROD.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
SO OLD GUYS LIKE YOU CAN HEAR/READ...lol

I have a fishing story that cameraguy doesnt want me to tell...I will keep it off the boards.

Mini

1 - 20 of 31 Posts