Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
We buried my Dad yesterday, and the Red Cross got a message to Jonathan and he called early in the week and said he would be home for 48-72 hours..
He said he would arrive at 10:45 am Friday, the day after the funeral.

The service was at noon Thursday.....the church was packed with over 300 people. The service was beautiful, and right at the end, a dear friend of my parents, Sharon, was singing Amazing Grace at the close of the service.
Halfway through the song, I noticed movement in the aisle to my right, and did a double take...it was Jonathan!!!!!!!
My mother and I both jumped up right in the middle of Amazing Grace and started hugging and crying and kissing him...Sharon, God Bless Her, just kept on singing while we stood in front of the casket for a few minutes hugging and crying.
There wasn't a dry eye in the place....every person in that church was smiling and crying.
I know my dad was looking down on this, and I'm sure he was smiling too!!!

He gets to stay home until September 2nd!!

Also....thank you all sooooo much for the beautiful flowers....there were over 50 arrangements and the one from all you wonderful peeps was one of the largest and most beautiful.
My mom says thank you and God Bless You, and next week when she is here I will let her read all the posts you all wrote and I'm sure she will write a message of thanx to you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Wow...I am crying over here...is it the nicotine withdrawal STILL...is it the let down from my great night last night...NO SIR...wow Ken that is such a beautiful story...I am sooooo glad that you get to be with your son!!! God works in mysterious ways...Happy for you, my friend. Take care of that mother of yours.

BIG HUG FROM ME TO YOU!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Ken

Happy to hear Jonathan made it home safely. Sorry it was for the reasons, but seeing him had to relieve a heavy heart!

Hang in there if we can do anything please let us know. Tell Jonathan Hello and a big hug to all of yous! Enjoy the time, to bad Jonathan couldn't stay for good.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Wow! That's like something you only see in movies.

Glad he made it home OK and in time.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Reading that gave me goosebumps through-out my body. That is just awesome Jonathon made it home in time to be with his family during this sad time.

Enjoy your time together and God Bless you and yours.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Ken:

I got your phone call tonight - you silly goose you can't call people and hang up on them when they answer and they have CALLER ID!!!
Made ya laugh!

I am SO HAPPY that Jonathan made it home in time for your father's funeral. AND -------- you get to spend some time with him now. I'm sure happy he was able to come back home to be with you. Enjoy your time with him - and please tell him from all of us that we THANK HIM and are VERY PROUD of what his role is in preserving our freedom, and the integrity of the good Iraqi people.

·
Registered
331 Posts
wow, i dont know what to say. im sorry and happy for you at the same time. your dad and your son are both in a better place, dad is with God and your son is with you. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. be strong for them and for yourself as well. God bless and tell that son of yours, thanks for all he has done.

excal.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
mr neely, you wonderful wonderful man! you made me cry happy tears (this is ck, by the way, at the sunbums) this beeyoutiful saturday morning! i could so picture that homecoming! now, you best make sure we ALL get to finally meet your son while he's home! i'm sure i speak for many of us we are dying to meet him!!

hugs and smooches
ck

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Ken, we all cried when we read this. We are so happy for you that your son is home. Sad that it took a tradgedy to get him home.
As CK said, we would all love to meet him while he's home.
Give him a big hug for us!
(this is Elaine)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Well I wasn't prepared for some early morning tears... but what an awesome story!!!! I'm so happy you get to spend some time with Johnathon!!!! I'm extremely sorry for your loss too.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
HEAVY DUTY TEARS HERE!

Ken my prayers are with you and your family and friends...such a difficult time, and you are blessed with having your son come home to be with you....
How beautiful to be surrounded with so much love.
I can only imagine how all this must feel, really, so much love flowing in all directions.
I am so sorry for the pain that comes with your fathers passing and excal said it so perfectly!

Again, my love is with you!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
wow Ken, i had tears welling up in my eyes while reading your post. I am so sorry yo had to go thru what you did with your dad and on the other hand, i am so happy you get to spend the next few days with Jonathon... how wonderful! Hope we can meet him while he is home.
Hang in there and GOD bless you.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Everything happens for a reason. When is the homecomming party? Who's going to take Jonathan out and show him the moot?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts