Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Those that came, had a great time. We, my boys and I, got to the place at 0630 (a half hour before everyone else) and had fun just being kids. Joe St. John, from the DNR, showed up, and I wish I would have had my camera out when I introduced myself to him. I told him my name is Mike, and I'm here representing PETA. The look he gave me was priceless. It kinda broke the ice, and got people chatting...Note to self, I should really think about the situations, before I open my mouth with what I think is a pretty good joke.
Anyway, in the following pictures, you can see we all had a great time. It was nice to see you again Guru, and good luck up in Alaska. It is great to see other people with different backgrounds come together for the same cause.
Bird Plant Vertebrate Tree Beak
Guru standing guard
Bird Plant Tree Grass Leisure
the round up

Attachments

·
Registered
4,568 Posts

Shoe People in nature Shorts Plant Grass
Earnie doing his thing
Plant Green Tree Sky People in nature
Me and my boys after I got my a$$ kicked by this goose. I took 5 right hooks from this big guy before I could get him under control. The thing damn nearly knocked my hat off, and man do them wings hurt.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Seat belt
This is what a 0530 wake up will do to a 3 year old.
Comfort Baby Knee Elbow Lap
And one more of a tuckered out little guy.

I look forward to making this an annual event. It was good quality family time, now to get the oldest to the doctor's for allergy testing.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Almost forgot to mention, we did a total of 162 geese. 98 at the first location, and 64 at the next. It went just like clock work. It was a very smooth and harmless process. More people should get involved. I would love to do some ducks next.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
it was a good time. Good seeing you again Grapes.

Hope your boy had fun. It was comical seeing grapes get beetch slapped by a goose!!

Who is that handsome guy in the blue shirt in the first picture???

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's spelled out in red under the pic. You look way to serious in that pic Brian.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Holy cow you guys were done quick. Wish I could have made it out. This morning became a total cluster *bleep*.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I have to make the next one. Just a horrible week for me

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 10 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Holy cow you guys were done quick. Wish I could have made it out. This morning became a total cluster *bleep*.

It was just about 2 hrs of work including driving from one place to the other. Like I said, it was run like a well oiled machine.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I need more lead time for the next outing. Do they have a schedule? Boss man doesn't like it when I tell him I need to take tomorrow off. It makes him think I have poor time management skills.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Shep @ Jun 10 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need more lead time for the next outing. Do they have a schedule? Boss man doesn't like it when I tell him I need to take tomorrow off. It makes him think I have poor time management skills.

I'll PM you the guys #. He called me on Monday and told me it was going to be this Wednesday. Try inviting your boss next time. They just might want to give it a try too.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jun 10 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's spelled out in red under the pic. You look way to serious in that pic Brian.

I know I just want people to recognize!!! Thats my "stay right where you are geese!" look.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sounds like it was a good time. Where did you guys do the banding? Looks like a golf course.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Jun 11 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like it was a good time. Where did you guys do the banding? Looks like a golf course.

Yup Bruce hills and also Romeo golf course.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
We banded over 100 today, None at fern hill, 60 near dicks, 25-30 at the recycling center, 40 at salt river golf course, and it was a great day

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Good job banding my kills Chris!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great job. Where are the pics?I want something to hang on my collar besides calls. I pray I get to shoot the Chit out of the one that kicked my A$$. Revenge is best served next to mashed potatoes.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jun 16 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job. Where are the pics?I want something to hang on my collar besides calls. I pray I get to shoot the Chit out of the one that kicked my A$$. Revenge is best served next to mashed potatoes.
That is so funny!

I hope to help you! Come on Sep 1-2.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Jun 16 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Jun 16 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job. Where are the pics?I want something to hang on my collar besides calls. I pray I get to shoot the Chit out of the one that kicked my A$$. Revenge is best served next to mashed potatoes.
That is so funny!

I hope to help you! Come on Sep 1-2.

I'm pretty sure you will be there helping out Shep. The problem is, when I look forward to something so far in advance, something is bound to happen the day before to screw it up. Sep. 1st is my new Christmas. I go to bed dreaming of geese raining out of the sky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts