Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Outdoor recreation
Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Fin
First off, thanks to all who helped with the hotel and launch info, I really appreciate it. Got to the lake around 4 in the afternoon thurs. Decided to fish the fairhaven instead of brandenburg because of your posts. We just headed to the breakline north west of grassy island and just started trolling to find cabbage beds. We found one and just parked and started casting from there. Two misses right at boat in first fifteen minutes, I figured I found a decent spot. By the way, once I get money, I'm investing in a Gps combo with nav. chip for marking spots. Anyways, busted a biggin on my homemade bucktail, little over 49" probably could almost be fifty but my friend didn't fan the tail. Half hour later he got a 44.5 on his homemade version of my bucktail( not as good, but does the trick version). Fri. ended up with six fish total, two around fifty and two decent pike on bucktail, kickin minnow and carp believer. I almost had a picture of me holding a guy by the ears with my topwater hanging out the side of his mouth. I did'nt miss him by much, man that would have been a great pic guys. Those big wake boats fly just out or in of casting distance when they have the whole lake. We almost saw two collisions in the north channel from one boater. St.Clair is an awsome lake though guys. I've fished the Indiana waters here now for three years and haven't seen the size of fish like I saw in a day and half up there. I would move there if not for my family and friends here. Heres a couple of the fish, hopefully it loads up. By the way the bucktail was #6 fluted, white silicone with red and white flash tinsel accents and rattles. Hopefully make it back before too long. See ya, Rusty.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice report and good pics. Glad to here you are another satisfied lake st clair customer.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great looking musky! Excellent report. It must be very satisfying to catch musky like that on your own hand tied bucktails.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
By October 1 it is pretty quiet.

My favorite time of year is launching the boat and running across the open lake while putting up about 10,000 bluebills...it is an awesome sight. No tuna boats, and the fishing is as good as it is in May.

·
Vendor
539 Posts
Great report and info! As far as larger boat traffic thats another reason I usually prefered casting for musky south of the Clinton River after June instead of Anchor Bay and the N. Channel on weekends. Theres still big boats down there but spread out alot and many areas that were mainly just other fisherman. Especially south of 9 mile. Just dont go park out in front of Jefferson Beach Marina lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice fish fellas. Once I "learn" this smallie fishing thing, I would like to try to learn some muskie fishing. Looks hella fun to catch fish that size. Awesome..

Zak

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(woodieb8 @ Jul 5 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>great pics. i have to agree seeing thousands of bluebills rafting and musky fishing. october is priceless.

Not sure if the blue bills are what I'm thinking. I had some really cool birds follow me and dive bomb the lake. I talked to them when we had a long dry spell and they showed me where the muskies were. Well, maybe I was just going crazy from casting like a madman but I think some were laughing at me to.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(rustyman @ Jul 5 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had some really cool birds follow me and dive bomb the lake.

Like this-

A tern. Cool birds, not to be confused with gulls. If t wasn't a tern it was likely a cormorant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts