Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my names vince. Ive been a lurking around here for a long time and just got my username in line so i can start posting since i enjoy reading the others so much. Well to get down to business.
Launched at Brandenburg around 7 am yesterday and started slowly making our way to the lottievue point. No real luck till we got right in front of the point, then it was one after another for a couple hours. Lots of double and tripleheaders of mixed basket white bass, largemouth, smallmouth, and a fat jumbo perch. We then made our way down by the canal and cut in lottievue where we fought a monster carp for 20 minutes.(it pulled our little 14 ft motorless boat a few hundred feet down the canal). We then left after the bite cooled down around 4. All fish came on green YUM wooley hawgtails.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Agreed! Welcome to the site. Thanks for the report

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Great report -that's one of my favorite baits, but actually I've only used it once in LSC and caught a nice largie by a docked sailboat on a seawall... were you fishing it pretty slowly?

Welcome to the site, keep on posting those reports!

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Jun 11 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report -that's one of my favorite baits, but actually I've only used it once in LSC and caught a nice largie by a docked sailboat on a seawall... were you fishing it pretty slowly?

Welcome to the site, keep on posting those reports!

Yeah, a slow retrieve with slight twitches was the ticket yesterday. They seemed to pick it up on the pause. Rigging it weedless on a shakey head helps this time of year with the weeds and all. But yeah good numbers the past few days riding the seawall and casting toward pilings and other structure

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
nice panties.

good job on the fish.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(vinniemays @ Jun 11 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am not pictured in either of these by the way haha
I'm glad to hear that, I hate to see a newbie's unmentionables until he's been on the site for at least 6 months.

j/k Welcome Vinnie, nice fish, nice report.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jerry , I hope your not suggesting catch and release,,

great report vin, welcome aboard .

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 11 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jerry , I hope your not suggesting catch and release,,

Hey gldnrcher how come every time you post you put that pic in?, im just asking cuz u know u can put that in your sig right?

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(mikeb088 @ Jun 11 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 11 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jerry , I hope your not suggesting catch and release,,

Hey gldnrcher how come every time you post you put that pic in?, im just asking cuz u know u can put that in your sig right?

i was wondering that also lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts