Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been up north since July 4 and are coming back July 20... 1st week we spent at the cabin, this week we have devoted a few days to coming up to Mackinaw City/Island, and the pictured rocks, and whatever falls we pass along the way
Right now we are at a resort right on the Lake in St. Ignace, overlooking Mackinaw Island! Would upload some of those pictures but my camera battery died....

Hope everybody is having a great, safe, fun, and eventful summer!! See you all soon

In the meantime, heres some cool pictures I thought some would like...

Rufus after a satisfying swim:

Went dinking on this lake... peaceful, quite, far away from any civilization:

Me at the Scenic overlook freaking out because I looked down

Of course, a picture of us crossing the bridge:

Thought this was a cool closing picture:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 13 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh my, look at Rufus

Hes a beast...Maybe soon Bronco and Rufus can romp around!

QUOTE(Secret Agent @ Jul 13 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Quit Bragging

No really.... glad to hear you guys are having a great time.
Have a safe trip back down

Having an awesome time! Thanks Sue. When we get back we will have to go dinking

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Glad you guys are having fun.

I had fun chatting with you in MSN and the video call. I get to go on vacation with you that way. Leave the 37 degree weather up North when you come home.

See ya soon

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Tig's Toy @ Jul 13 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad you guys are having fun.

I had fun chatting with you in MSN and the video call. I get to go on vacation with you that way. Leave the 37 degree weather up North when you come home.

See ya soon

Isnt that video call COOL?
I love this laptop. Also love the wi-fi, it is VERY fast. Miss you guys.

Us at the same scenic overlook.. took all of my courage to get close to the edge!

Got to fire the Thompson (tommy gun) some more

The Luzerne Boardwalk:

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Glad you guys are havin' fun!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Nice pictures. Gotta love the UP

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 14 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't miss the Munising Falls, the front and rear Range lights or grub at the Dog Patch

Munising has falls? I've only been there for the glass bottom boat shipwreck tour.

I've been to Tahquamenon Falls though.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 14 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 14 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't miss the Munising Falls, the front and rear Range lights or grub at the Dog Patch

Munising has falls? I've only been there for the glass bottom boat shipwreck tour.

There are lots of waterfalls in the Munising area. Some are near roads for easy access, others may be a mile or so down a hiking trail. I been to about 7 of them.

quick google revealed this:

Our Seventeen Alger County Waterfalls
Plan a vacation that is tranquil, relaxing, educational, and fun! Come and explore our incredible Munising Michigan Waterfalls! These majestic waterfalls range from unnamed small falls on Grand Island to large cascading flows falling from cliff faces along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. They are located in almost every direction of Munising Michigan.

Alger Falls, Au Train Falls, Bridal Falls, Chapel Falls, Horseshoe Falls, Memorial Falls, Miner Falls, Laughing Whitefish, Munising Falls, Rock River Falls, Miners Beach Falls, Scott Falls, Spray Falls, Sable Falls, Wagner Falls, Whitefish Falls, and Tannery Falls can all be found in the Alger County area.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 14 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 14 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't miss the Munising Falls, the front and rear Range lights or grub at the Dog Patch

Yup, see here:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...DN%26start%3D20

I don't know if you still can, but they used to let you walk along the ledge behind the actual falls, very cool

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ya know, having vacationed in the top of the lower UP, for over 20 years, sightseeing the UP while there. And now living in Cheboygan, I have almost come to the point of these things being normal and blase(BLAH-zay). Then someone comes along and reminds me of the wonders around me.

We had company last week, the grandkids, the grandson's girlfriend's family. We made trips to Whitefish, Copper Harbor, passing though the Soo Locks, and such on Superior. And of course "da Bridge" at night from water level. We, too, enjoyed our venture northward. 12 days on the water was the ultimate buzz. Hell, I'm ready to do it again, today!!!

I'm glad this thread was posted. It reminds me of my blessings.

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts