Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. Man usually they wait till right before Memorial Day to gouge us. Looks like they are getting a head start

·
12,052 Posts
Speedway Crocker and Jefferson (by Beacon Cove) $1.79 87 AND 89 $1.86 for premium. Monday. They always have great prices.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ May 5 2004, 11:39 AM)I payed $3.14 the other day for 87 oct., now that is crazy!
Can you convert that to American $!

Is that Canadian for a liter of gas?!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
This should make everyone feel better:

Gas Prices today:

Canada - 85 cents per liter ($2.34 per gallon US dollar )

Mexico - $2.07 per gallon (US dollar)

United Kingdom - 81 cents per liter ($5.48 per gallon US dollar)

France - 1.02 per liter ($4.64 per gallon US dollar)

Australia - 1.04 per liter ($3.93 per gallon US dollar)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ May 5 2004, 12:54 PM)This should make everyone feel better:

Gas Prices today:

nope 2 dollars a gallon still sucks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ May 5 2004, 12:43 PM)QUOTE(Melly Jo @ May 5 2004, 11:39 AM) I payed $3.14 the other day for 87 oct., now that is crazy!
Can you convert that to American $!

Is that Canadian for a liter of gas?!

I already converted it from gallons to litres, I payed .829 for a litre X 3.7854118 = $3.139.

I didn't convert the currency because I don't make US $$$, but if you were to come over and with the exchange it would cost you $2.29/gal

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
1.74 by my house for both 87 and 89.
Only bad thing is it's always packed.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ May 5 2004, 11:59 AM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ May 5 2004, 12:54 PM) This should make everyone feel better:

Gas Prices today:

nope 2 dollars a gallon still sucks.

Yah! I agree, but when you look at all the other countries around the world, we have the cheapest gas prices, although I couldn't find anything on how much gas in Saudi Arabia is today. Anyone know?

We do have it pretty good here in the USA!!!

G

·
This should make everyone feel better. Higher prices at the pump mean record profits for the oil companies. They may complain about higher prices for crude and a strike in Argentina, but they pass those costs on and then some. It may cost us $5 more for a tank of gas, but it add it up and profit records get blown away. Whooo hooo...Go Exxon!!!

It would be nice if these guys were investigated for price-fixing, but I think GW's oil buddys are safe from that. 4 more years, 4 more years...

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/...26/daily34.html

·
Registered
530 Posts
1.69/ gal mid grade. I think the guy behind me got a little upset when I pumped 130 gals. into the boat at costco at 696/gratiot

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Just got back from Chicago.. Paid $2.15 to fill the rental car.
Good thing the company is paying for it

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It just went up again, WTF
this is too much. This morning it was .869/L. All well, nothing I can do about it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well that is a bit better then Windsor. I will wait until I get home to fill up then, thanks hun

·
Registered
531 Posts
Gas Price at Pump Hits Record High

You know, it seems like every 6 months I read some other lame A$$ excuse why the price of gas keeps going up.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking at conference in Washington last week, OPEC-member Saudi Arabia's oil minister said U.S. gasoline prices are at record highs because of America's shortage of refining capacity and tough anti-pollution rules that require too many types of clean-burning fuel to be sold throughout the country.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF?

quote:
U.S. Deputy Energy Secretary Kyle McSlarrow disagreed, stating at the same conference that high crude oil prices were "the driver" behind the rise in gasoline prices.

Exxon Mobil 4Q profit up 63%

quote:
Irving-based Exxon Mobil Corp. said its quarterly profit jumped 63 percent, helped by a tax settlement gain and higher prices for crude oil and natural gas , while annual earnings for 2003 rose to a record high

I suspect the prices your seeing today will be the norm for awhile, i doubt seriously they'll go down any time soon.

If you look at what OPEC is saying, that the prices are in line and warranted, then you see how they have no intention of lowering them.

BTW, I wish I controlled the price of wheat, you bet your A$$ I make up the difference in gas price from the sur-charge I'd have for those OPEC nations.

Gallon of gas $3.00, no problem,

My price for a bushel of wheat $50. Loaf of bread $40, gallon of milk $35, oh you wanted low-fat, sure no problem $65. What you think this is too much? Well I'm sorry you see there's going to be an increase in the usage of bread and I had to raise the price. it's not my fault, I talked to a bunch of my fellow farmers and we decided we liked the price of bread to be 400 times the cost to make it.

Ah, rant over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts