Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Pauline my dear...just STOP IT! There I said it! Its all going to be OK. I promise we will have a wonderful shopping experience when pricing out your brand new DVD player. Forget about the stories you have heard of me beating up on poor sales guys. I promise I will be nice to them providing the give us the "nice price". Think about it...today is a great day. You could be moving around 4 times a day like Saddom...that would suck knowing you have 150 special forces guys ready to blow your a$$ away. So don't sweat it my dear. I will take care of you

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Jul 29 2003, 09:30 AM)Forget about the stories you have heard of me beating up on poor sales guys. I promise I will be nice to them providing the give us the "nice price".
Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 29 2003, 08:25 AM)This story made me laugh today.....

This touched me. This once again confirms that the most important information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the Internet, but from a mentor and on a very personal level.
My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it is a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives. The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him, and the advice he used to give! Much was wasted because I was young when he died.

If he were alive today and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandfatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and said, "Son ... don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker look smaller."

Makes ya almost cry, don't it?
I need tissue please!!!Good one!!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:32 AM)Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

Snowmaker, you for one are always complaining about how expensive this and that is.... as I recall alcohol prices etc at the bar.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:35 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:32 AM) Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

Snowmaker, you for one are always complaining about how expensive this and that is.... as I recall alcohol prices etc at the bar.
Yeah, but those are drinks.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 08:32 AM)QUOTE(manana @ Jul 29 2003, 09:30 AM) Forget about the stories you have heard of me beating up on poor sales guys. I promise I will be nice to them providing the give us the "nice price".
Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

You are correct Snow...but its a friggin DVD player with the "nice price". I truly enjoy the thrill of price wars. All of those places...ABC, Circuit City, Best Buy....play the game and if you do your homework...you can come out on top. If Pauline was looking for the high-end stuff we would certainly not be going to any of those places. I was in sales for many years and got beat up all the time....its great to be on the other end. I always like to say "I have many choices of where I can shop. Why should I buy from you and what are you going to do for me"? At that point Manana II just walks away from the conversation...shaking her head

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:36 AM)QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:35 AM)
Yeah, but those are drinks.
I call it liquid assets.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wow, an invite to Europe from the grumpy day thread!! Now THAT put a smile on my face!!!

Thanks everybody....

and the big hands was fricken hilarious!!

So If I marry a man with small hands, does that make my boobs look bigger? **couldn't resist**

but then you know what they say about small hands!! yikes! Women, we always check that out!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
perfect fit! LMAO!!!!! wwwaaaaaaah!!!!

well, i started scrapbooking yesterday, and had a BLAST doing 2 projects! so that was fun.

NEVER LET A KIND WORD GO UNSAID.

in that case: pauligan...you rock! you'll replace that ol gnarly dvd yet!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just make sure you get one that plays Windows Media. It will have the little Windows symbol on it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jul 29 2003, 07:57 AM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 29 2003, 08:49 AM)

Anybody have fun trips planned, buy cool new stuff, anything like that???

ps anybody know if a dvd player can be fixed cheaply? Not looking forward to getting a new one already. Stinking sony.

I am deciding on one of the three for next week.
1 Secretly buy tickets to Europe for the vacation that Veronique and I were supposed to take but decided against it for various reasons.

2 Drive my little blue sports car up I75 until I leave the country, then make and abrupt right and go to the end of the continent back in the USA in Maine, hop on A1A and take it to Key West, turn around and come up 95 through the mountains and make an abrupt left at Cleveland and a right in Toledo back home

3 Hop on a plane and fly to Miami, rent a car and drive to Key West for a few days stopping at various locations.

or

4 Hang out in this state and explore places that I have not yet seen (dunes, mackinaw, etc.)

For the DVD player, check the obvious things and if that doesn't help, replace it, they are pretty in-expensive.
I pick #1
Europe. You can fly to Athens Greece right now for the low price of $457.00
Jump on the train (for $2 euros) and then take a Ferry to Santorini, where you will be in heaven. Prices in Greece right now are dirt cheap, take advantage while you can. Everything in Italy is 4-5 times more expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
ok, funny story:

a door to door vacum cleaner salesman knocks on a door and a kid answers. he looks to be about 11 or 12 years old. in one hand, he is holding a vodka martini. in the other a big fat cigar. he is standing in his underwear and behind him is a beautiful, 18 year old half naked girl. the salesman says "is your mother home?" and the kid replies "what do you think?!"

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jul 29 2003, 10:46 AM)I pick #1
Europe. You can fly to Athens Greece right now for the low price of $457.00
Jump on the train (for $2 euros) and then take a Ferry to Santorini, where you will be in heaven. Prices in Greece right now are dirt cheap, take advantage while you can. Everything in Italy is 4-5 times more expensive.
been there, done that in '96. I almost never came back from Santorini. Good Idea. I will see what Veronique has to say.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nothing good happening here but if all else fails try this.

Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths and try as hard as you can, to remember all of the good clean
fun you had this weekend at the bay. Then realize that you are probably only remembering half of the fun you had.
Then you can laugh at the poor fools like me that did nothing but work around the house last weekend. <_< See things arn't so bad for you. Just one rough morning.

Now I'm in a bad mood..... Thanks alot!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.