Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

grumpy today

2K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  manana 
#1 ·
Should have known I'd be pi$$y when I bolted awake in the night feeling around for the kitten and found her under all this crap on the bed, I whipped her in the air and shook her thinking I suffocated her to death... for real. She was way floppy. Not 5 minutes after that (3 AM) a call from work where I had to actually think and process the fact that something was wrong and it was up to me to fix it... who can sleep after that.

Nearly got up and posted in the eerie middle of the night.

bleah.

so, who's having a GOOD day and wants to share??

See less See more
#3 ·
I have had four cups of coffee. I am doing ok. Just think, Miss P. Even though you woke up blaa blaa, at least you awoke today. The fact that you are alove is worthy of celabration. I wil buy or pour you your first drink tonight at Metro or wherever LSCN peeps end up meeting.
Life is a gift, revel in it's glory, even when it is poopy, it's an awesome spectacle.

#5 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 29 2003, 08:43 AM)

Focker:
it was a b!t@h followed by a "please share happy thoughts"

yeah, yeah.

Thanks hazy!

Yes, all that is very true!!

Anybody have fun trips planned, buy cool new stuff, anything like that???

ps anybody know if a dvd player can be fixed cheaply? Not looking forward to getting a new one already. Stinking sony.

#7 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 29 2003, 08:49 AM)ps anybody know if a dvd player can be fixed cheaply? Not looking forward to getting a new one already. Stinking sony.

It'd probably be cheaper to buy a new one. You can get them for as low as $60.

#8 ·
While visiting Paris, a wealthy businessman wanted to learn something about real life in the city , so he took the subway everywhere. One day he saw a strikingly beautiful girl get off at his stop. The man was so smitten he approached her.
"excuse me, mademoiselle (sp?) ," he said. If you let me kiss you, I will give you 1000.00"
She thought for a moment and agreed. The man took her face in his hands and kissed her! (Wow what a kiss)
Handing her the 1000.00 he said "If you let me touch your breasts, I will give you 2000.00."
She thought it over and said yes. He touched her and gave her the money.
Then he said I want to make love to you how much would I have to pay?

"fifty francs~~just like everybody else"

#10 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 29 2003, 08:49 AM)Anybody have fun trips planned, buy cool new stuff, anything like that???

ps anybody know if a dvd player can be fixed cheaply? Not looking forward to getting a new one already. Stinking sony.

I am deciding on one of the three for next week.
1 Secretly buy tickets to Europe for the vacation that Veronique and I were supposed to take but decided against it for various reasons.

2 Drive my little blue sports car up I75 until I leave the country, then make and abrupt right and go to the end of the continent back in the USA in Maine, hop on A1A and take it to Key West, turn around and come up 95 through the mountains and make an abrupt left at Cleveland and a right in Toledo back home

3 Hop on a plane and fly to Miami, rent a car and drive to Key West for a few days stopping at various locations.

or

4 Hang out in this state and explore places that I have not yet seen (dunes, mackinaw, etc.)

For the DVD player, check the obvious things and if that doesn't help, replace it, they are pretty in-expensive.

#12 ·
ps dvd players are cheap, but not if you have to spend $150 - $200 on one every year. Ridiculous. Mine plays movies and cd's with 5 cd changer. and doesn't recognize the dvd's as even being in the player.

Manana is supposed to go with me tonight to find a new one... **a little nervous about the shopping experience with him-have heard the stories!**

#13 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 29 2003, 09:03 AM)ps dvd players are cheap, but not if you have to spend $150 - $200 on one every year. Ridiculous. Mine plays movies and cd's with 5 cd changer. and doesn't recognize the dvd's as even being in the player.

Manana is supposed to go with me tonight to find a new one... **a little nervous about the shopping experience with him-have heard the stories!**
Great Indoors had a HUGE sale on all their Electronics a couple weeks ago. I don't know if its still going on. They had an awesome Panasonic 5-disk player that played EVERYTHING for $97. I wanted to buy it even though I didn't need it.

I did get a real nice VCR for $42.

#14 ·
you also asked about new toys. Dolphin will before the end of the week have a new digital camera and a printer, copier, scanner either new or borrowed from a friend who is a real good guy.

#15 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 29 2003, 08:34 AM)Not 5 minutes after that (3 AM) a call from work where I had to actually think and process the fact that something was wrong and it was up to me to fix it... who can sleep after that.
Was the brass pole at Tycoon's broken again?

#17 ·
This story made me laugh today.....

This touched me. This once again confirms that the most important information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the Internet, but from a mentor and on a very personal level.
My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it is a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives. The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him, and the advice he used to give! Much was wasted because I was young when he died.

If he were alive today and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandfatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and said, "Son ... don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker look smaller."

Makes ya almost cry, don't it?

#20 ·
Europe! Got to do it once!
Come on Pauiligan when your finished with your job lets go for a little trip! We can ask the Traveler for a "must see" Schedule! You know.....a little Amsterdam.....a little Big Ben......then down to the sea......

I'm taking my dad Sept 1st to the 11th...you can be his personal secretary
Help him collect rocks....long story!

#22 ·
Pauline my dear...just STOP IT! There I said it! Its all going to be OK. I promise we will have a wonderful shopping experience when pricing out your brand new DVD player. Forget about the stories you have heard of me beating up on poor sales guys. I promise I will be nice to them providing the give us the "nice price". Think about it...today is a great day. You could be moving around 4 times a day like Saddom...that would suck knowing you have 150 special forces guys ready to blow your a$$ away. So don't sweat it my dear. I will take care of you

#23 ·
QUOTE(manana @ Jul 29 2003, 09:30 AM)Forget about the stories you have heard of me beating up on poor sales guys. I promise I will be nice to them providing the give us the "nice price".
Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

#24 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 29 2003, 08:25 AM)This story made me laugh today.....

This touched me. This once again confirms that the most important information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the Internet, but from a mentor and on a very personal level.
My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it is a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives. The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him, and the advice he used to give! Much was wasted because I was young when he died.

If he were alive today and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandfatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and said, "Son ... don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker look smaller."

Makes ya almost cry, don't it?
I need tissue please!!!Good one!!

#26 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:35 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 09:32 AM) Its not like you are shopping for a car. Its a friggin' DVD player.

Snowmaker, you for one are always complaining about how expensive this and that is.... as I recall alcohol prices etc at the bar.
Yeah, but those are drinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.