Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I are frequent visitors and campfire musicians at Gull Island. We feel we want to do something bigger.

We've decided to start an all day Summer Solstice Party to celbrate the longest day of the year, the day with the most daylight. We don't want another Jobbie-Nooner. Just something sort of nice and comfortable.

I have voulenteered my time to be the DJ to bump the island all day and night. We'll be playing great hits from the 70's, 80's to current. We have all the greatest songs imaginable to make it a total get-down and groovin' good time. We will also have a light show.

We want it to be an all day and night event with everyone camping overnight, just to be safe.

The day planned is June 21, 2003 at Gull Island. For more information, here is a link to a preliminary flyer:

http://www.lillyct.com/flyer.jpg

See you there!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jobbie-Nooner is Friday, June 27th. The week after Summer Solstice. They've decided to delay Jobbie-Nooner because they wanted the water to get a little warmer. We don't care about water, we care about dancing and bumping the island all day long!

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
If I can get a ride out I'm there too!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Will be out in the boat anyway, sounds like a good time. Have been wanting to get out there for a bonfire I'll stop in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, it's officially a-go. I spoke to my friend today and we're definitely going to do this thing. Here is the low-down:

Who: Who ever wants to show up
What: Summer Solstice Party with DJ entertainment
When: Saturday, June 21, 2003, weather permitting
Where: Gull Island
Why: To celebrate the longest day of the year and another reason to have a good party
How: He's bringing his generator and I'm bringing my DJ gear

We're going to get there early to clear and mark off a spot for a dance area. Most likely we'll set up in the clearing back against the trees with the speakers firing towards the entire beach area.

We'd recommend everyone to camp overnight just to be safe, plus who knows when we'll end this thing. We're just going to go until we can't go anymore. Bring some wood, tent and food.

It appears that some people would like to attend, but don't have transportation, mainly our own friends. We have talked about providing a shuttle service from either Harsen's (at Walkers) or from Metro Beach. We would have designated pick-up and drop off times. The thing is, we don't want to spend all day doing this, so we were hoping for maybe some volunteers to help take a run at the designated times. If anyone were interested in helping with this aspect, you can post a message here or we can talk offline.

We would like to do this every year, but we also want to keep it simple.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Please don't run us poor fisherman over when you guys are on your way to the Island.

June 21 is opening day of BASS season. Many of the folks that are part of the LSCN family will be
fishing the tournament (Including the infamous "MINI"). Some of our best spots to fish are around Gull Island. Please try to be nice to us and everyone can share our beautiful lake.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Basstrap896 @ Jun 5 2003, 11:29 AM)Please don't run us poor fisherman over when you guys are on your way to the Island.

June 21 is opening day of BASS season. Many of the folks that are part of the LSCN family will be
fishing the tournament (Including the infamous "MINI"). Some of our best spots to fish are around Gull Island. Please try to be nice to us and everyone can share our beautiful lake.

OK. Stay clear of any and all marina's and the direct path to Gull Island.
You should be fine then.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I'll be there one way or another!!!

YAY!!!

I know I'm not the only one soooo excited to be back out there!! Can't believe 9 months has gone by!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Basstrap896 @ Jun 5 2003, 12:29 PM)Please don't run us poor fisherman over when you guys are on your way to the Island.

We always stay clear of the fishing guys/gals! No need to worry about my boat! Happy Fishin'!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts