Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are they going through the huge expense to put a tower on Gull Island when the Government already owns property (the old coast guard station) about a mile up the river. It has a better view already. Is more accessable, power is there, boatwell is there, dock is there, building is there, although it probably some needs updating. There is also a tower there.

I think we should all send our politicans many emails and ask WHY.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
QUOTE(KMC @ Aug 31 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RE: "... old Coast Guard Station..."

are you talking about this one: http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.ph...;hl=coast+guard

I think it's privately owned...

The South Channel station is privately owned by both a father and a son. Father too the North, Son to the south...The middle building was planned to be restored as original station.

This is what I was told in 2002 when i was doing work on the Son's house

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Aug 31 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(KMC @ Aug 31 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RE: "... old Coast Guard Station..."

are you talking about this one: http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.ph...;hl=coast+guard

I think it's privately owned...

The South Channel station is privately owned by both a father and a son. Father too the North, Son to the south...The middle building was planned to be restored as original station.

This is what I was told in 2002 when i was doing work on the Son's house

yep, private. They own NLB in Wixom, my buddy works for 'em. They also own an ex- coast gaurd cutter too last he told me too.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Woodfan @ Aug 31 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why are they going through the huge expense to put a tower on Gull Island when the Government already owns property (the old coast guard station) about a mile up the river. It has a better view already. Is more accessable, power is there, boatwell is there, dock is there, building is there, although it probably some needs updating. There is also a tower there.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat @ Sep 2 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Woodfan @ Aug 31 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why are they going through the huge expense to put a tower on Gull Island when the Government already owns property (the old coast guard station) about a mile up the river. It has a better view already. Is more accessable, power is there, boatwell is there, dock is there, building is there, although it probably some needs updating. There is also a tower there.

Well...

you too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts