Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My office had our annual meeting/picnic on Belle Isle today & there were several people fishing at Fishing Pier #9 that were using live gobies for bait. I told one guy that was purposely catching gobies to use for bait that it was illegal to use them but he said he didn't give a chit & that he had been fishing that spot his whole life, blah blah........

They were making me jealous because they were fishing & I had to sit there & listen to the higher ups tell me how we're going to be getting a 10% pay cut.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Man, that's a rough day. 10% IS better than 100% cut, though...

As for the goby guy, I'd report him; people that don't care in small matters probably don't care much in larger ones either.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(barnz @ Aug 13 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Man, that's a rough day. 10% IS better than 100% cut, though...

As for the goby guy, I'd report him; people that don't care in small matters probably don't care much in larger ones either.

Ya I still have a job but they already gave me a 10% cut plus doubled the health & dental premiums that I pay plus increased our co-pay 50% & took away a 1% raise. They did this yet they still continue to hire people for our department & plan to hire more. Makes no since to hire new people when they are cutting everyone's pay.

I would have probably reported the people but I don't have the # in my cell. Plus the DNR most likely wouldn't have come out anyway. I'm sure they could go to fishing pier #9 any day of the week & catch people using live gobies. I think the DNR doesn't want live gobies used just so people don't transport them to be used in inland lakes.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Aug 13 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phone # is right on your license. You had that with you, right?

DUH!

I've never paid any attention to my fishing license except to make sure I had an all-species.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 13 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(walleye mike @ Aug 13 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phone # is right on your license. You had that with you, right?

DUH!

I've never paid any attention to my fishing license except to make sure I had an all-species.

Me too. Make sure your name is spelled right, put it in the wallet, and forget it.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
yeah 10% stinks. We had a 7% at our shop. then two weeks later another 7% then two weeks later BAM all the machinists were laid off. They could have just laid us off right away and saved 100% for four weeks. And they still have no work for us. Been off since june of last year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Believe the DNR already said they would not give gobie tickets unless someone was transporting gobies to another body of water, just like the issue with returning live gobies back to the water at 9 mile. I believe it was this forum last year where someone called the DNR about gobies and thats what i am referring to about not writing tickets for gobies with the response of that person. Gobies are here to stay and no matter how many tickets they write, or how many gobies we kill, they are here for good. Save your quarter and skip the call when it comes to gobies.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I cant believe you guys give a rats butt about gobies. Like killing or saving a few dozen is gonna make a difference. It's nature. I would care more about the poachers, illegal aliens, and the harvesters of small perch, not to mention the ones killing the muskies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know. I use gobies all the time when I am down at the pier. Bass love them.

My rational is that they are already there, and the bass are goin to eat them whether I am using them for bait or not.

On the other hand, I would never take them to a different body of water.

·
Registered
585 Posts
QUOTE(patman24 @ Aug 15 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know. I use gobies all the time when I am down at the pier. Bass love them.

My rational is that they are already there, and the bass are goin to eat them whether I am using them for bait or not.

On the other hand, I would never take them to a different body of water.

Are you guys a bunch 0f F--KING idiots or what? It's against the GD law no matter what you think. Get a life.

Ken

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE(paul68 @ Aug 15 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I cant believe you guys give a rats butt about gobies. Like killing or saving a few dozen is gonna make a difference. It's nature. I would care more about the poachers, illegal aliens, and the harvesters of small perch, not to mention the ones killing the muskies.

I agree.....give me a break.. They are not native anyways!

·
Registered
82 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Aug 15 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some of your guys rational just amaze me. Just wonder how many other laws you disregard because you don't agree or see the logic in them.
Well hey, its probably the only law I break. I don't even ever drive 5 miles over the speed limit.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(patman24 @ Aug 15 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(walleye mike @ Aug 15 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some of your guys rational just amaze me. Just wonder how many other laws you disregard because you don't agree or see the logic in them.
Well hey, its probably the only law I break. I don't even ever drive 5 miles over the speed limit.

I never drive 5 Mph over the limit either. I drive 10 Mph over the limit.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 15 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(patman24 @ Aug 15 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(walleye mike @ Aug 15 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some of your guys rational just amaze me. Just wonder how many other laws you disregard because you don't agree or see the logic in them.

I never drive 5 Mph over the limit either. I drive 10 Mph over the limit.

hehe lol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
While I agree that pulling a few out of the water will only make a small dent in the population, putting them back will only make it worse albeit a small degree.

Catch them, kill them and put on ice and I'll take what you get. Especially this time of year. I have a good use for them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts