Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H2o,

With you interest and knowledge of the weather and meterology, I was wondering what your thoughts are on the "global warming" issue. Today we beat the lowest high for July 27th by six degrees. The old record lowest high was 70 F. Today the official high was 64F. We have only had one day over 90F this summer I believe. I don't want to put you on the spot or anything, but I am curious.

Thanks for the weather forecasting, it is usually more reliable than the USWS forecasts I get off of the net.

Jim

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
This is a Big Planet and the Earth knows how to take care of itself. Records were made to be broken and are broken all the time. The earth's temperture has rose 1 degree in the last 100 years. We have only been keeping good weather records for a short time. Say 75 years the earths about 4 billion years old, with 4 billion more left before the sun use's up all it's hydrogen and nova's. My point is there have been many global warming's in the past which will lead to a ice-age. If the current in the north atlantic cuts out because of glacier's melting than we slip into a ice-age. There's been ice ages before. The ice core samples show that which is some real good proof. Hence the earth will take care of itself. So in the mean time fish, enjoy our short time on the planet and hope el-nino comes back so we can have mild winters and low heating bills. Global warming never bothers me, what does is a asteroid or comet impact. Now that's the real devasting problem i'm concerned with. Like the one that whiped out the dinosaurs.

h2o<--says the earth can take care of itself.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Remember Saddam's scorch the Earth Policy. He started all the oil well fire's. "Oh my", I was rocked on that man. The earth took care of itself, (another good reason to rid the earth of that well you know what.) When the volcano erupted in the Phillipines the earth's temp rose 1 degree, the earth took care of itself. How they say fossil fuels are the leading cause of Global Warming, but were not going to stop driving that's for sure. So Global Warming is a pattern that's been around before we were driving and now this is deep but with past iceage's and no fossil fuels being used makes one think,!! how was that . It's Galactic oscillation.

http://www.etheric.com/LaViolette/Predict.html

h2o<--that is what cause's Global Warming read prediction 3

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jul 28 2004, 07:13 AM)what does is a asteroid or comet impact. Now that's the real devasting problem i'm concerned with. Like the one that whiped out the dinosaurs.
Couldn't have been the great of an asteroid... It didn't get Bob!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Har De Haw. Thanks Dan

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Har De Haw. Thanks Dan

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Bob was out hunting the great Wooly Mammoth during the last ice age.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I meant absolutely no disrespect. I KNOW Mammoth... er, MuskieBob has caught way more and bigger Mammoths than I!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I still get confused by how Global Warming causes an Ice Age?!?

(I wonder if Mr. MuskieBob has an extra Wooly Mammoth fur?)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Dan, this should help explain.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40416010914.htm

h2o<--if that doesn't help i'll explain better. Once the freshwater from melting glaciers,caused by global warming, enters the salt water it stops the gulf stream from taking warmer water up north which shuts down the pump in the ocean current, there for it's colder up north and the polar cap grows and thus begins the iceage.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Find me the website something like this:
"Using Global Warming to catch more Toad Smallies!!!"
(unless Bill Dance wrote it...)

·
Registered
111 Posts
THE END IS NEAR, kidding i agree withwith the thought that the earth will take care of its self ( a source of improvising ) so to speak...... just as humans do ,,,, my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Old Man of the Sea: What are your thoughts now.

h2o<--says hope that puts you at ease.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, realizing that I am not as smart as a lot of the people on this site, I was not surprised that I understood only about 20% of what I read in the articles that you sent in your posts. I guess I am of the opinion that the earth goes through cycles, some short, some long, but as it does mother nature responds and adjusts what ever she feels necessary to bring things back to how she is most comfortable. As an example, we have gone through heat waves and droughts in the not to distant past and if we had personally experienced it we would have thought that the whole world was warming. But, somehow it did start raining and the temperatures cooled and life was good again. An example of a short cycle for sure but was it general global warming?

Nature is very powerful and we have no human power to match what it can create such as tornados or hurricanes or a beautiful 80 degree day with 5 mph breezes that just turns the smallies on. Or a simple rainy day that just seems to clean the crap out of the air and the air smells so great and fresh afterwords. Some of the dirtiest air in the country is out west and, guess what, they are in technically desert areas and, guess what, it doesn't rain in the desert very often.

We in Michigan are experiencing a great summer temperature wise. We have gotten more rain than usual and it seems that the winds have been stronger than "normal" but a very nice summer generally, not necessarily for mooting but nice for those not fortunate enough to raft on Muscamoot Bay. I think I have had our A/C on three times this year. This has been the trend for most of the country I believe.

To sum this up, I guess my feelings are that the earth will take care of itself and we should go about our fishing and "mooting" and not worry about it. Nature will take care of this great planet we call Earth. This is an opinion that I have held for quite a while but it seems consistant with other opinions posted here including yours H2o. Maybe I am smarter than I think I am eh? Thanks for the technical analysis. I knew there was a logical answer for this very complex issue we call global warming.

Jim

ps, you caught me after a dinner that included a few glasses of Italian red

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think you'd have to be pretty smart to write that last post...

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Well guys I remember back in the times before the Wooly Mammoths when this area of the whole was the Equator and was covered with lush green marshy areas and the big T Rexs roamed here. This is a fact you know Michigan was once on the equator. Muskie (Wooly Mammoth) Bob Sr.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks Jim. Remember the dust bowl. Bob was around than.

h2o

·
Registered
882 Posts
OOOH That explains the evolution of his name
Wooly Bob
Dusty Bobb
Musty Bob
Muskie Bob
It is interesting to note that the Muskie smells very simular to what the Wooly Mammoth smelled like.
At least that is what Bob tells us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts