Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out handlining this year for the first time with Timeye and landed a two man limit in no time. I was addicted instantly and decided I will get my rig ready for it. I have a center console which prevents you from being able to steer and handline at the same time so I added a quick release foot steering option. It only took two highlifes(about an hour) and about $30. The whole system is quick release and can be put on or taken off in less than a minute on the water. Only driveway tested so far but it seems to work perfectly. May end up replacing the bungy with some surgical tubing after awhile but this should get me started. The bungy supplies constant pressure making the rig naturally steer left if no presssure is applied. You use your foot to take her straight or right depending upon how hard you press. Now I can sit in the rear seat and handline while driving with my feet. The down rigger weight in the pic represents where my right foot will be. I am gonna pick up a couple of reels tomorrow and give her a try. If anyone has any reels they want to dump PM me tonight or tomorrow morning before I go to Gander at lunch and get a couple.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts