Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I wanna tell you guys about today's outing with Don and Troy of Honker Hangers is:

You NEED TO BOOK A TRIP WITH DON & TROY OF HONKER HANGERS! These boys are absolutely crazy about what they do, and that's waterfowling. They got the top of the line gear, and have some 50 years of experience collectively to make it happen. This ain't no amateur show here guys and gals.

If you've ever wanted to experience the thrill of a sh*t-ton of geese honkin and hoverin over your blind like it's a video game... you need to call these guys.

If you've ever wanted to witness the power a solid caller can have over a flock that clouds the sky... you need to call these guys.

If you've ever wanted an incredibly informational introduction to the world of Canada Goosin in Michigan... YOU NEED TO CALL THESE GUYS!!!

Sky Plant Marines Agriculture Military person

Camouflage Sky Military camouflage Military uniform Marines

Bird Ratite Sky Ostrich Plant community

Attachments

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Military camouflage Squad Sky Military uniform Military person

Tire Wheel Military camouflage Camouflage Automotive tire

On a blue bird day with swirling winds and some unusually canny geese for the time of the year, we made some magic happen today. "Jihad" as Shep would put it, was certainly declared. And with the knowledge I gained today, I'm off to post some brainy stuff in the goose tips thread...

Wheel Tire Vehicle White Vertebrate

Attachments

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 2 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a great time. It was awesome to see Grapes, FNC, and meet Toothy Grinn.

Hunting with Don and Troy is always a blast.

Damn right it was awesome to see me. Your just saying that cause I'm skinny now.

But just wait, I need to pack on my winter coat.
I was happy to hear that my boys are tired and don't want to go swimming, so I'll skip that part, and hit the suds tonight.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 2 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took a nap right away. It felt good.

I was probably still on the road when you woke up. Let me know how your calendar is looking for the 12th, Shep. Also, are you going to the dinner on the 18th? Laura just gave me approval to go ahead and go have some more fun, and just seeing who else in interested in attending. I called Don, and told him to reserve me a ticket. Ofcourse I probably won't hear back from him, but I'm sure he will relay it thru you.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I had a great time out there guys. Made some new friends and had a blast doing it. FNC is right. This is a hunt worth doing. Those boys from Honker Hangers really know there stuff.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 3 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hopefully I am doing it in nine years.

If I would have stayed in the ARMY, I would only have 1 year till retirement. Man life takes some funny turns.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 3 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 3 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hopefully I am doing it in nine years.

If I would have stayed in the ARMY, I would only have 1 year till retirement. Man life takes some funny turns.

Just think.....I joined 11 years after you, and I will probably be retired before you retire at OU.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 4 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 3 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shep @ Sep 3 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hopefully I am doing it in nine years.

Just think.....I joined 11 years after you, and I will probably be retired before you retire at OU.

I have 25 more years to go till I can get full retirement from them, as it stands right now. By the time I get there, I'll have to be 98 and 7 months I'm sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks guy's for all the wonderful comments. We really enjoyed having you guy's out with us. We just wish everyone we hunt with could be like your group. Only 7 more days to go until we end the early season. For those that are interested we do have a few days still open at the end. I always like the second half of the early season. We should start seeing more birds in the next few days. If you all recall you came last year on Sept 12 for your first Jihad with us! Good luck to all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts