Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who "legally" want to target smallmouth, you may want to try the Hardy Dam Pond in Newaygo county. Two of us fished last Saturday for about 5 hours and landed 10 nice smallies that ranged from 14" up to about 3.5 pounds with most being closer to 2.5lbs. The water temps were around 50 degrees and the majority of fish were caught in typical pre-spawn areas. A long drive but well worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have yous tryed croton dam ?Thats good also .Not just for smallies but walleye .Theres a lot of small lakes in same area .Large mouth .Hay guys its not a secret been fishing there since mid 70s .

·
Registered
535 Posts
can anybody help me? Myself and 5 of my buddys go to Martini every year for a week of fishing bliss. This year, the person sold the cottage we rent. does anybody know of any rentals on either hardy dam or croton?

Dan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its been about 10 years since Ive been there.There use to be a motel and cabins in croton.(sorry i dont no name)by the fire station.Call bait shop up there they may know some place.also you can try in Newaygo .Its about 15 min away.Theres a camp ground on hardy dam..Mom use to have property on croton rd .
nice up there ..Good luck..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts