??? WTF ???

I'm not sending out any of these that are bouncing back to me

normally I'll get 2 or 3 in a day but 50 or 60 in the past few days

what can I do??

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
YEP!

I thought it was just OUR ISP getting slammed!

If you read more into the errors, you'll probably see something about a SPAM REJECTION! After MUCH investigation today, and with the help of CaptMike, we discovered that some of the larger SPAM BLOCKING providors updated their URL BLOCKING LISTS and included ALL the emails coming from certain ISP's!

At least 1/2 of my emails were being returned today!

Didn't notice any LACK of SPAM coming in, though! <_<

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had so much spam in one day though Steve and it's got me bothered. Every 1/2 hour I'm going through deleting emails and I'm scared I'm going to delete one inadvertently.

I have read the emails too and listed on them is numerous email addressess, in alphabetical order, that I have supposedly tried to spam myself (which I haven't) so that's why I'm so perplexed

thanks for the insight though and KeKe Martinez says OLA ~ I saw him yesterday @ a party

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but the names listed in the email are just random alphabetical names that are not in my book - just some names that some virus grabbed.

any suggestions to block out these undeliverable emails coming in to me???

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Feb 16 2004, 09:48 PM)thanks for the insight though and KeKe Martinez says OLA ~ I saw him yesterday @ a party

REEALLY?
Haven't seen or heard from that boy since last FALL!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Feb 16 2004, 09:48 PM)I've never had so much spam in one day though Steve and it's got me bothered. Every 1/2 hour I'm going through deleting emails and I'm scared I'm going to delete one inadvertently.

I have read the emails too and listed on them is numerous email addressess, in alphabetical order, that I have supposedly tried to spam myself (which I haven't) so that's why I'm so perplexed
Sounds like either a spam utility, or a virus borrowed your email address, to make it appear as if the SPAM was coming from you.
Nothing you can do about that.

That's what makes blocking SPAM so tricky... they use perfectly valid email addresses.

Bastages!!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Same thing has been happening to me

I get several messages every day saying that my attempt to email someone I don't have on my list did not go through. It is usually with an attachment, and when I try to open it, my computer tells me it is a virus and won't allow me to open it.

What's even more annoying is on average 30+ emails a day about how I can make $$$ on the internet (usually through ebay), loose weight, quit smoking, get better health and life insurance, or increase the size of my unit.

I think the making $$$ on the internet is B.S., I don't need to loose weight, I don't smoke, I have good insurance, and we all know...
size does not matter!

at least that's what my wife always tells me

·
Registered
248 Posts
The IT guy here at school sent out an email last week that said there's a new "hole" in Microsoft's security, or something to that effect. People (hackers) can get control of your computer and all the programs on it without your knowing. He told everyone in the department to run "Windows Update" and install all critical updates, especially if you're running Windows XP. Ever since I ran it, the number of rejected emails I've gotten has dropped dramatically. Not sure if it will solve your problems, but it can't hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts