Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my witt's end with a majority of my wifes and my health issues. My wife has several issues being managed by perscription meds, that barely are working, and It kills me to see her hurt the way she does.I can deal with My Migrains and daily discomfort more, but 25+ years of migraines is a little redundant. So does acupuncture work, is it worth it? I am game for anything!!!!!! No more chiro, however.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I have gone twice and it seemed to help my sore neck and back . But like anything else, I think that you need to continue the treatment to benefit..
Oh, each time they stuck around 80 to 90 needles from my neck down to my ankles..

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's worth a shot. Migraines can be very frustrating to deal with. Accupuncture did help me for a few months quitting smoking. There are a few new medications that have been promising for prevention like topamax, also for acute attacks, imitrex. Both of these meds are generic now and Should be reasonabley priced...of course talk to your dr. about these first. If possible,stay away for fiorinal/fioricet...they have a "rebound" effect with migraines.

·
Registered
610 Posts
it is hit or miss. I did acupuncture to quit smoking. first day it didnt work but i didnt smoke. the second day i went again felt better but no go. i ended up quiting 4 about 2 weeks but that is because am cheep and wasn't gona pay for cigs after i just spent $150 of getting stuck with needles. I think it just depends on who you are. Half of my girlfriends family swear by it, then i walk in confident thinking its gonna work and nada!!!

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
alot of peope swear by it. Beaumont even has their own acupuncture practice now.
Chronic pain sucks the life out of you..lor at least the best parts..imagine how it would feel to have no pain for a day/ two days/. a week? or never again....??????????? sounds like Heaven, doesnt it.

I dont know what your wife;s issues are but with your migraines.,..I'd first consult a n orthopedic urgeon and geet an MRI...disks could be causing your probs...then phusical therapy and DO the exercises at home daily. etc etc.
good luckl....I'd like to know more...pm me is u care to.

sorry about the typing I am still recouperting myself from spinal surgery.

either way, good luck to you !

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(FISHIN' PRESCRIPTION @ Feb 18 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's worth a shot. Migraines can be very frustrating to deal with. Accupuncture did help me for a few months quitting smoking. There are a few new medications that have been promising for prevention like topamax, also for acute attacks, imitrex. Both of these meds are generic now and Should be reasonabley priced...of course talk to your dr. about these first. If possible,stay away for fiorinal/fioricet...they have a "rebound" effect with migraines.

Yup, been on a topamax regiment for 3-4 years, just increased to 100mg, and unfornatly the onset meds don't work for me, so it is pain killers for that, and those don't effect me like they should. I just started magnezium i think??? our nurologist uses it and suggested it as well. but i still get one a week.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've tried it and so has FIL. It doesn't cure a medical problem only releives it, If it works.If you've been with the same doctor for a while I'd try switching. Look for someone who is open to a differant approach

1 - 15 of 15 Posts