Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the warmer weather last week, were folks seeing deer? I hunted a couple of spots and only saw one deer. Not sure if it is the weather or the fact that the crops are still standing and the deer are in the corn. When i scouted, i saw deer about every time. Disappointed in the early season that i have not seen much. Thanks for other reports and hopefully some encouragement as i am rather new to deer hunting in general.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It think depends on the area. I hunt in Brighton and I have been seeing deer every night. But there are no crops around it is all wooded with an old orchard in the middle. I think the crops still standing doesn't help.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have seen a dozen or so deer over the last 4 days in Midland County. That is about the same number I saw the weekend before when it was much cooler. I was lucky enough to see for the first time 2 bucks battle it out on Monday morning. The were 75-80 yards away so no chance at a shot. I could not tell the rack size but they both fought fiercly. I had a fall turkey permit and I filled it on Saturday morning. I put an arrow through a 17 pounder with about a 5 inch beard. Nothing spectacular but it was the first turkey that I took with a bow. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I went out with my two sons over the weekend. My youngest son and I saw one deer. My oldest boy saw three deer. I talked to four other hunters and they didn't seen much either. The warm weather didn't help and on top of that it was a full moon. When it gets like that the deer do most of their moving at night. I hope The weather gets better for the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts