Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Better hope DHS doesnt have access to the political forum!!!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
The interview was easy enough. We got our cards on the spot, but they changed them to have the chips inside so not sure if they can hand you one today. After the interviews (U.S. and Canadian each talk to you and ask different questions.) they gave me a bunch of odds and ends as well as a briefing on how to check in when traveling by boat. It changed between the briefing and the first time we used the cards. LOL

Good luck and don't forget to answer the Canadian questions with eh? so they understand you.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wear your Obama wear and you will be fine....good luck

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 26 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wear your Obama wear and you will be fine....good luck

Guess I need to do some shoppin' first.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 26 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wear your Obama wear and you will be fine....good luck

You mean something with Lennin or Marx?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Aug 26 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does the Nexus stuff cost anything? We head north a couple times a year, just wondering if it would be worth it.
Nexus is $50 per person and is good for 5 years.

I-68 is $16 per person and is good for 1 year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yea, I had my interveiw a couple weeks ago and recieved my card in the mail 3 days later. Not a bad process although I should have just got a passport card for the same price and it's good for 10 years

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Jason W @ Aug 26 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea, I had my interveiw a couple weeks ago and recieved my card in the mail 3 days later. Not a bad process although I should have just got a passport card for the same price and it's good for 10 years
But a passport card does not give you the same privileges as a Nexus. Totally different things.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
I was so bummed out when I went for my Nexus interview last year or the year before....

I imagined hot border patrol officers, in their mid 20's, sexual prime, in uniform with maybe some curiousities. Instead I got the butch, hardcore, motorcycle driving, deeper voice than me, lesbian. She wasnt even hot. It was a real let down.

Either way, Stodge yelled at me because I keep the Nexus card in my wallet and you arent supposed to. So dont let Stodge make an example out of you too, once you get your card

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 26 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Either way, Stodge yelled at me because I keep the Nexus card in my wallet and you arent supposed to. So dont let Stodge make an example out of you too, once you get your card

So where are you suppose to keep it if you're not suppose to keep it in your wallet?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Aug 26 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 26 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Either way, Stodge yelled at me because I keep the Nexus card in my wallet and you arent supposed to. So dont let Stodge make an example out of you too, once you get your card

So where are you suppose to keep it if you're not suppose to keep it in your wallet?

It's not so much where you keep it. It's that you have to keep it in the foil sleeve they give you. The RFID chip inside can be read up to 20 feet away by a hacker.

SOMEONE threw out the foil sleeve when they got theirs.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not so much where you keep it. It's that you have to keep it in the foil sleeve they give you. The RFID chip inside can be read up to 20 feet away by a hacker.

See.. what'd I tell ya!! There he goes

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dockrocker @ Aug 26 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does the Nexus stuff cost anything? We head north a couple times a year, just wondering if it would be worth it.
Nexus is $50 per person and is good for 5 years.

I-68 is $16 per person and is good for 1 year.

Not so fast there mister. Add two toll crossings to that 50 bucks! The construction is so BAD/MAZE/CRAZY/INSANE at the bridge, to get to the US from the US, you have to go to Canada first!
(of course a U-turn enabling break in traffic can shorten the trip.
)

Now all I have to do is learn, understand, and follow the laws to two countries. It's my responsibility to keep up to date with any and all changes. I must also notify them of ANY changes in the information I provided them. (renewed passport, change of address, favorite color). Not sure I'll have time for boating next season.

QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 26 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not so much where you keep it. It's that you have to keep it in the foil sleeve they give you. The RFID chip inside can be read up to 20 feet away by a hacker.

See.. what'd I tell ya!! There he goes

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guess that means you passed.

Told you, the trick is to say eh? a lot.

Yes, despite breaking a traffic law to get there, I passed. I think what really locked the deal was my honesty about once having contraband confiscated. Illegal leftover pizza!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.