Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it happened to you or have you done it to a friend? If so, whats your story and what were the consequences / results of it all?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Yeah...have had friends hit on my husband............I tell them if they want him, they can have him....but they get all the dirty laundry with him. That usually changes their minds!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
YES! I had a friend tell my girlfriend that I was a bad boy and she should dump me and go with him! Serious! Didn't talk to him for about five years! She worked as a bartender and he would sit at the bar and hit on her day after day....I had to make a call. I could handle a drunk friend doing it once BUT not day after day. She gone now, I wish he would have stole her away and married her! He would have gotten his punishment but good!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Oct 3 2003, 09:46 AM)Yes a couple different time I`ve been hit on but would never persue it.
Sorry about that. But you're just so darn cute.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Oct 3 2003, 08:46 AM)Yes a couple different time I`ve been hit on but would never persue it.

OK!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I think we've all been in this situation... unfortunately...

not necessarily friends, but friends of friends who should still have enough respect.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It depends what level of "hitting on" you are talking about...
If it is just flirty, petty, HARMLESS stuff i would not mind
BUT if someone actually physcially tried to do something with my husband.... especially a FRIEND, i would be _________ ** many words to fill in the blank here**

Friends just dont do that to another friends spouse... like i said to flirt harmlessly is fine.. we all do it, but to take it farther than that is just BAD!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Seriously, i think that might happen in most relationships. Trust your lover, if he/she lets you down.....i guess you have to do what you have to do. Sometimes, there is a possibility that it can be worked out. My opinion, if someone disrespected me in that way, i could not forgive it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had a friend?? steal a girlfriend from me right out of high school.
Bumbed me out so bad at first. But then i realized he did me a favor. Ratted out he whore before I did something stupid, like marry her. I was pissed at first, but then you can`t let a woman come between your friendship. Besides he married her, got her pregnent, then she left him for someone else. I felt bad for him.

Well after I stopped laughing!!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I was stranded in PIB because a "friend" wanted to be alone for the night with my apherantly not so significant other. I really don't talk to either of them any more.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
have i had a friend hit on my significant other? yes.

we bowled on tuesdays. my friend (at the time) pam was drunk so i drove her in her car to my boyfriend's (at the time) house while he drove her car. i go to his room upstairs while he sets her up on the couch. she hits on him. he comes upstairs and says to me, "i'll be up in a sec. she's wanting someone to talk to about her boyfriend." he's back in 20 minutes. i found out after we broke up that she hit on him, he was flattered cause she was another detroit drive cheerleader, and he accepted the advance. i lost both her friendship AND him. i was glad to lose both.

currently, rump is hit on by all the waitresses at jack's, including adam the mgr that just left for new york.
does he do anything about it? nope. he's very polite and 'sorry, i'm taken' about the situation. jealous? sorta. but i know who's going home with me and that's all that matters.

especially with my line of work, i am hit on ALL the time. this guy tom that's pals with spindler & comes to the post novi with him & sits with us during the broadcast hit on me last week right in front of rump, and told him 'she's gonna dump you soon cause you're unemployed.' THAT went over like a fart in church. of course i laughed it off cause there is NO WAY i'd go out with that dipsquat!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It really SUCKS to think that this stuff happens...but we all know it does. I have had friends and complete strangers try to break up my relationship with someone. Some accomplished the mission ...some did not. The friend part is always the hard one. Friends who seek other friends significant other are quite shallow. Its so twisted to think someone would do that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My old boyfriend's best friend confirmed that my boyfriend was cheating and he proceeded to hit on me, saying he was the better guy. It ended their friendship and I kept seeing the boyfriend (stupid me).

Also, I ended a friendship over my friend speaking to my ex-boyfriend behind my back and chiming in when he was badmouthing me.

It is never okay to hit on someone else's husband and it is NEVER okay to go out with a friend's ex-boyfriend (or current boyfriend) if it was a serious relationship.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Oct 3 2003, 09:21 AM)My old boyfriend's best friend confirmed that my boyfriend was cheating and he proceeded to hit on me, saying he was the better guy. It ended their friendship and I kept seeing the boyfriend (stupid me).

Also, I ended a friendship over my friend speaking to my ex-boyfriend behind my back and chiming in when he was badmouthing me.

It is never okay to hit on someone else's husband and it is NEVER okay to go out with a friend's ex-boyfriend (or current boyfriend) if it was a serious relationship.
Good point BlondeStreak! ....and its never OK to say oh sorry...I was drunk at the time. We all have heard that line before. I have done some really stupid things...I mean really stupid...did I mention Stupid? while drinking, but I have never mowed anyones lawn and tried to hit on someone who was already involved in a relationship.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
What if you were just sleeping with someone and one of your friends hooked up with them? Is that ok since there not really boyfriend/girlfriend?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 3 2003, 09:34 AM)What if you were just sleeping with someone and one of your friends hooked up with them? Is that ok since there not really boyfriend/girlfriend?
It depends on if there is an understanding about it before it happens. Gotta ask if you want to share right?

·
Registered
409 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 3 2003, 09:34 AM)What if you were just sleeping with someone and one of your friends hooked up with them? Is that ok since there not really boyfriend/girlfriend?
That could be touchy territory. If your friend really liked the C.S.F. (casual sex friend) but they didn't like him back and you hooked up, there could be some bad feelings.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 3 2003, 10:34 AM)What if you were just sleeping with someone and one of your friends hooked up with them? Is that ok since there not really boyfriend/girlfriend?
i think it's sh*tty & wrong, but the reality is you're NOT bf/gf so you're pretty much allowed to do whatever you want.

of course if you have morals, it's a no brainer: no way, jose.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts