Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother works at J.B. so I got a deal on a good well there. Saved 700.0 so iam happy just wondering if anyone has put deposit down yet? Of course I had to walk down the snow covered dock and check out the lake not much to see but a few shanty’s out there. Ill be happy when I look and see everyone’s boat especially mine back in the water.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ancor Bay wants $500 from me to reserve my rack spot...haven't decided to pay or not, I'm gonna wait until next payday and figure out where to get the $$ from.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Same here Damn Yank...I thought about writing a check tonight then I said screw it and wait until next pay period

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ya, I just paid the $500 last week. Will have to wait for tax return before I can pay the rest.

·
12,052 Posts
Beacon Cove wants $500. by Nov 1st. so its been paid for some time now. Winter inside storage at Sunset Harbor offered a discount if paid in full be Nov. 1 too.
Another $1700.
gone.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Paid 1k already for my rack @ Belle Maer. 1st pmt is always due by Jan 1st, 2nd pmt of 1k on Mar.1st & final 1k due on May 1st.

Yes, that's 3k for rack storage @ Belle Maer........ZOIKS! Been there 6years.....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mac Ray requires a third in December; a third in February; and the final payment in April. Depending how you look at it, it either makes it a "third" less painfull, or "three" times as painful to write out the checks

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Jan 19 2004, 07:48 PM)Yes, that's 3k for rack storage @ Belle Maer........ZOIKS! Been there 6years.....
Thats a little high isn't it?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Slip deposit has been paid for a couple months now, but then its only $850 so its not that big a deal. I can't imagine paying what most of you pay. The slip rental and insurance is crazy in Macomb county. But then again, I am already driving an hour, a few more minutes out to Harsens doesnt make that much difference to us.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
haven't paid yet. usually around july or so. if i remember.
but usually my bar tab is higher then well rent, so he does not care too much.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
bob and carol are keeping only jeff and myself. everyone else has to leave. they said we are too much fun to get rid of...
plus i'd most likly leave my boat there most of the time anyways

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yep, paid $500 summer '04 deposit to Beacon Cove, it was due Nov.1, 2003. You hardly get time to decide if you'd want to switch marinas. Balance due March 1st.

Pandora - that's way cool you and Jeff get to stay there
Glad they'll have more wells also!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wanted to go to beacon cove too but docks were to high to get dogs on and off boat. figure thats all we need after a day of drinking , is to drop one of them in the water and try to have to get them out.when your all messed up. youd think marinas would be able to lower the docks some how. or make them adjustable for water level changes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jan 19 2004, 08:07 PM)QUOTE(speedfreak @ Jan 19 2004, 07:48 PM) Yes, that's 3k for rack storage @ Belle Maer........ZOIKS! Been there 6years.....
Thats a little high isn't it?
Yes. Yes it is.......... <_<
Every couple years I price it out @ other places....but in the end(no pun intended) it doesn't save me that much to re-locate.
It'd take more fuel to get to the places I boat to if I go somewhere near 9mi, etc.
There are limited places that sell "Premium" fuel @ reasonable prices on the water, and one is right across the bay from BelleMaer(Anchor Bay Marina). I HAVE to run premium because I'm turbocharged.

Some rack bldg's have one side exposed & would require shrink-wrapping in the winter, etc.
So I just stay where I am & bitch about it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts