Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!
This is kind of a long shot, but I'm going to try anyways.
I don't have a color picture with me, but I think if you've seen it, you would know.
This is the boat I pretty much grew up on and I would really like to find it and possibly give the owner an offer to buy it back. It was my dads boat

The boats name was Sling Shot it is Gold Black & Red with White across the top. It had new Merc. 454's in it when it was sold. It's the only one that I've seen on LSC. Last saw the boat about 4 years ago at Island Cove Marina. Has anyone seen this boat?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
For some reason, the name sounds familiar.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
IS THE LETTERING IN GOLD & WRITTEN ON THE SIDES OF THE BOAT? FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN IT AT METRO (BLACK RIVER) IN THE SPRING TIME.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES IT DOES!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
The last time i seen it the only thing that wasn't submerged below the water was the bow light !
JK ! If it's a wellcraft it still has to be floating someplace.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Jul 29 2004, 01:00 PM)any bets on how long it takes snowhead to put the pic on a milk carton saying "have you seen me?"
One second ...

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so. Been having some crazy dreams about it lately. It's a sign for something I guess.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Here you go:

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I knew it was coming...

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Hey I think I seen the boat!!! I remember something like sling shot written on the side. It was blue and black and on a trailer in the driveway of a home on Jefferson between maybe 11&13???. The home backed up to the lake and was kinda run down lookin. The trailer had some 80's lookin mag wheels on it. The boat was pretty big lookin and I remember the cockpit being pretty far forward like in the pic. I don't think the boat is there anymore but the has some other trash layin around the house too. I'd know the house if I seen it. Have to pass by there and maybe grab an address for ya! I'm almost positive its the boat from the looks and the name.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
snowbi!!!!! lol!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I'm very familiar with that model and that boat.
MsPatriYacht had a blue & white one for over 10 years called Miami Vice.
The boat you're referring to spent a lot of time at BocaGrande' Marina out of the water. I'm sure Tom (the owner) could give you a lead as to it's whereabouts! Tell him INSTIGATOR sent you!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it did. That's where my dad took it when one of the old motors blew. Tom and him went out many days tuning the new motors and matching props. He used to run with us down to Cedar Pointe every year. I never thought of that! Thanks A Bunch.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Jul 29 2004, 01:54 PM)Hey I think I seen the boat!!! I remember something like sling shot written on the side. It was blue and black and on a trailer in the driveway of a home on Jefferson between maybe 11&13???. The home backed up to the lake and was kinda run down lookin. The trailer had some 80's lookin mag wheels on it. The boat was pretty big lookin and I remember the cockpit being pretty far forward like in the pic.
Skuza, i think you're referring to the "Centerfold" boat, parked on a trailer over there.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jul 29 2004, 01:25 PM)QUOTE(SKUZA @ Jul 29 2004, 01:54 PM) Hey I think I seen the boat!!! I remember something like sling shot written on the side. It was blue and black and on a trailer in the driveway of a home on Jefferson between maybe 11&13???. The home backed up to the lake and was kinda run down lookin. The trailer had some 80's lookin mag wheels on it. The boat was pretty big lookin and I remember the cockpit being pretty far forward like in the pic.
Skuza, i think you're referring to the "Centerfold" boat, parked on a trailer over there.
Thats the boat...Now I remember THAT name on the side. But the boat resembles or may be the same kind as the one talked about.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I think the boat is still in the canals somewhere behind metro. I remember seeing it a few weeks ago when Cassie and I were lost back there in (the now dead) Patch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts