Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I bet Goose will post that that is what it's like getting caught in Hammer's wake.

If you have clean shorts and your cookies aren't on deck after that ride, you're Coast Guard material!

Amazing!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oh man, that reminds me of a time with waters like that in Lake Erie going to Put in Bay while we were also towing a friend's steel hulled boat that lost it's power! We were lucky to live to tell the tale. Makes me cringe every time to see rollers like that.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Bring it on. Let's GO! It was just like going to Lexington this past season.
I just turned the wipers on and tried not to spill my bloody mary.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Isn't that the video that got the commander who authorized that exercise relieved of command? I read about a case like that last week.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Nov 5 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring it on. Let's GO! It was just like going to Lexington this past season.

Sounds like sticking to the code to me!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Nov 5 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Nov 5 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring it on. Let's GO! It was just like going to Lexington this past season.

Sounds like sticking to the code to me!

Definitely was sticking to the code...

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Nov 5 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks like Bout Time a mile or so into lake Erie from the Detrot river...
Turned back after the second wave like that hit the boat... Scary fun.....
Mother Nature is ALWAYS in charge. No doubt about that!

Here is a little clip of our rough seas adventure this summer on Lake Huron. You know it's rough when about 1,200 r's is the best you can do without beating up the boat. Even at that slow speed, still had the pulpit shave the top off a few.

Of course it doesn't look like much here, but it was everything 30-40 mph wind brings to big water...

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Nov 5 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Nov 5 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks like Bout Time a mile or so into lake Erie from the Detrot river...

Here is a little clip of our rough seas adventure this summer on Lake Huron. You know it's rough when about 1,200 r's is the best you can do without beating up the boat. Even at that slow speed, still had the pulpit shave the top off a few.

Of course it doesn't look like much here, but it was everything 30-40 mph wind brings to big water...

Better than a day at work!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Nov 5 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Nov 5 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Nov 5 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks like Bout Time a mile or so into lake Erie from the Detrot river...

Better than a day at work!

Nooooo Doubt!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm going to need dramamine after watching that AP....lol

I don't get sea sick on the boat but watching video's like that can put me over the edge sometimes.

Your right Bill, It's the excitement that keeps bringing back into water like that... The day we turned back we had quite a ride down there & back... Breathed a sigh of relief when Bout Time was docked
but thinking back on it, that was pretty exciting....

·
Registered
347 Posts
OOOO AP! Now that I stopped rockin in my chair after watching that trip of yours on Lake Huron! That looked rough and Lake Erie can rear her ugly head like that in a second. And this is no joke but the trip I was talking about was something like your Monster Wave video. Our boat at the top of the wave and the boat we were towing at the bottom. And vice a versa. Calling for the Coast Guard the whole way which they finally came to help. My Dad was a great skipper and got us out of that. Great video's and keep them coming!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Sidetrack @ Nov 5 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>here is some Rough waters watch this Boat

Wow, that scary!

Especially in what appears to be close proximity to another ship AND land!

Lots of "no yawning" moments!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.