Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna head up north today for some duck and deer hangin (hopefully right). Got the bow sighted in, benelli plugged, dekes packed, and cooler in tow. Mopar and I will be in the sticks till sunday, and will show neither hide nor hair till we get what we went for!! Or we run out of light, whichever comes first!!

Good luck to you guys and gals, the migrants are here, and the rut is around the corner! Get out there and make it happen.

Will post pics, if any, on our return.

Dog Pumpkin Food Calabaza Cucurbita

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Good Luck Brother!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
wish I could've made the trip and do some hunting with you and supersport jon, good luck and get some meat!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Oct 28 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring back some game!!!
He's FNC....he's got nothing BUT game

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Oct 29 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shep @ Oct 28 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring back some game!!!

You got that right!

But no meat. We had a woody buzz the flight tower but was well out of range and as far as deer go, I had a doe come sprintin through the woods and even rubbed against the tree I was posted in like she was being chased, but no buckies behind her

Hunted thursday night and had a doe come by broadside and in range but behind heavy cover and by the time she hit my scent cone she was gone. No blow job or tail dance, just mosied out. then about 20 minutes to dark a button buck that must've weighed a hefty 60 pounds strolled past the stand. He got a pass and hopefully grows a nice big rack for the future.

Had to come home early due to complications at home (put two x chromosomes together, mix with a recently purchased vehicle that went kaplunk on us, and multiply by stress and add a partner up north trying to hunt, and you'll get the idea what i'm verbalizing here) so couldn't hunt the long week I wanted.

It's absolute crap, but certainly par for the course this year.

Thanks for the motivation tho bastages! I know my peoples wanna see me do good!

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Oct 30 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Oct 29 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shep @ Oct 28 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring back some game!!!

You got that right!

But no meat. We had a woody buzz the flight tower but was well out of range and as far as deer go, I had a doe come sprintin through the woods and even rubbed against the tree I was posted in like she was being chased, but no buckies behind her

Hunted thursday night and had a doe come by broadside and in range but behind heavy cover and by the time she hit my scent cone she was gone. No blow job or tail dance, just mosied out. then about 20 minutes to dark a button buck that must've weighed a hefty 60 pounds strolled past the stand. He got a pass and hopefully grows a nice big rack for the future.

Had to come home early due to complications at home (put two x chromosomes together, mix with a recently purchased vehicle that went kaplunk on us, and multiply by stress and add a partner up north trying to hunt, and you'll get the idea what i'm verbalizing here) so couldn't hunt the long week I wanted.

It's absolute crap, but certainly par for the course this year.

Thanks for the motivation tho bastages! I know my peoples wanna see me do good!

hang in there jon, itll all come together , im still waiting to draw back on one. want to give one a little PSE , its BAD TO THE BONE. just a little product plug there

·
Registered
347 Posts
View attachment 68435 Here's a nice one. Guy on the next street from me got this one. He came to my door and asked if he could get his deer out of my backyard. He said he tracked it for 1 1/2 hours and there it was in the yard. Now if only it had made it to my back porch I could of had some venison steaks! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts