Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving to go down to Ford Field. I should be at the Combat Fishing/Xtreme Bass Tackle booth for most of the show. If you're coming down today, stop by and say "hi".

Peace out.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Alex,
what other days/times are you scheduled for?
Dan

·
Registered
927 Posts
there are a ton of vendors there.

wayne is there with combat/xtreme

lakeside is there, tons of good deals too

kd outdoors has some really good deals. if your looking for a good deal on a spinning reel, they have shimano aero symetres for $65.00. thats $20 off bro. see kelly or dave bridgewater, tell em i sent ya

mikes rx baits is there with some sweet custom colors for the poor boys baits. they are definetly worth takin a look at.

rays baits is there.

lots to see, lots to buy, very good deals.

best deal i seen was at d & r sports. im not a triton guy, but they have one of those big water triton walleye boats there for $24,995 marked down from $31,995. i believe it had a 250 evinrude, could be wrong on the motor. but what a price.

for sure stop by and see wayne, dave, and dan at combat/extreme and check out his new colors. the man is a genius. tell him i sent ya

madman himself

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Madman, Eric C, and everyone that stopped by, it was good seeing you guys and chatting a bit. I hope you all had a good show. I was extremely pleased with the amount of people at the show for a Wednesday.

Wayne does have 2 NEW tube colors at the show this year: Firetiger and Great Lakes Crawfish. Both are lamenated tubes, availible in 4" & 5", and look awesome. They were a big hit yesterday at the show. I just hope there are some left for us pro-staffers after the show
. They way they were going, I may be left out! Stop by the Combat Fishing/Xtreme Bass Tackle booth and check them out.

I didn't see much of the show but it looked like there were a lot of vendors present. Muskiebob is there but didn't have a chance to stop by.

There are also some good seminars going on. Wayne next seminar is Friday @ 3pm with Dan I believe. I did catch Kim Stricker's seminar on soft jerkbaits and he has a great multi-media presentation that is worth checking out. Just don't use the techniques he says, they don't work (wink wink). Now I need to find a something new to stay ahead!!

Dan, my only day at the booth was yesterday. Looks like I missed you. Give me a shout and we can hook up later.

It won't be long till were on the water now!!!

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I was there yesterday as well. Great show guys come on down check everything out.

I was there with the ABA at the D & R booth. Rocko from D & R was nice enough to let the ABA help out and talk fishing, hand out fliers and play in the new TR20X. Awsome boat!

Rocko is a great guy and if your looking at buying a new Bass Boat I highly recomend him.

Thanks D & R and Rocko your a class act.

·
Registered
739 Posts
What a day yesterday!!! Left work at 1pm, was down to the show by 2PM, watched 3 seminars, Kim Strickers and Wayne Carpenters, very informative. Both had cool underwater video clips with their presentations. You gotta see them.

Got to meet Alex, who is very nice guy and answered all my millions of questions I had. Thanks Alex, I'll be contacting before the season starts, with a million more. Plus I even bought some tubes from Wayne even though I didn't need any.

Not much longer now, can't wait.

By the way, for those of you that flunked 3rd grade spelling, FIELD.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey all,

For those who came down to the show last night, thanks. It's great to see familiar faces, especially on the first night of a show. I have a question though, how much do they charge for parking at Ford Field and where's the best place to park? I was asked by some friends what parking was and couldn't answer since I was one of the so called "priviledged" ones that got to use the exhibitors parking.

Thanks in advance. Maybe we'll see some of you again on Saturday.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got charged 3 bucks at the Comerica Park parking garage. Not bad in my opinion and its very easy to find parking. Well for me it was, since its during the week, it might be more busy during the weekend. I had a good time at the show. That Tr-20X series was one bad boy, price tag was like 41,000 though. Ouch!! But worth it in my opinion. bass boats are a beautiful thing...lol. That 215X Series was sweet too, it had a 225 Opti. The guy there called it "An Erie Bass Boat." Rocko from D and R was great, he answered alot of my questions about the Merc Verado. I might head up to K-Zoo to check their show out in April. Kevin, Davy, and Denny and many other are supposed to be there. I talked to Bob at the show also. Cool dude for sure. I "booth" that impressed me was KD Outfitters, they had every model St. Croix I could think off. And their Senko selection was awesome too. Too bad I was broke, haha. I'm gonna have to check out their real store sometime.

Jose

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Wish I could have been there but I was on Rayburn yesterday
and I am in Dallas this evening at Bass Pro Shops....

Will be home sometime next week. Fly in on Tuesday, Wednesday in South Bend, Thursday in Cincinnati Saturday and Sunday in Auburn Hills. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with everyone there.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
how much is parking, thats a good question.

i think it depends on where you park. i seen signs for $3, $5, and $6. i of course decided to find my own spot. it must have been a detroit police operated lot because they left me a bill for $30. lol.

thats $30 less i can spend at the show now

you live, you learn, you pay!

madman himself

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Order tickets online at www.showspan.com and get free parking. I did, and you print the tickets yourself.

·
Registered
467 Posts
...And how much can two guys spend at the Ford Field show?! Don't ask Madman and me! We actually walked out of there without a second mortgage (at least I did
). I had a great time today...a really good show I must say. I had an opportunity to meet Muskybobsr (great seminar btw Bob!), Gterrien, djkimmel, FRL, and others. I was trying to be "hush hush" at the Combat fishing booth with the "secret" early season Kent Lake bait colors (if you're after those pig largies!), but I think I might have snuck a color or two under Madman's nose! I'll let everyone know if they pay off in May at the ABA paper tourney....If you haven't made it down there yet, get down there, I highly recommend it...And just think, next week is the Spring Classic!

Hey Mini, you're next on my list of the who's who on the LSCN !

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(jcheetam @ Mar 7 2004, 03:17 AM)Hey Mini, you're next on my list of the who's who on the LSCN !
LOL.....well I hope to live up to your expectations.

I will be there Saturday and Sunday, possibly Friday eve depending if I can get out of Cincinnati in time.

Busy week for me next week.....but I will be there.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
i only spent $60 at the show. got some good stuff. i also got about $150 in free tobacoo products.

the best part is getting to see some guys i havent seen in a while. and meeting some new bros. well worth the price of admission right there.

jeff, make sure you make mini work. you must demand a tank demo. just pick up some xps baits and ask him how they work. as long as he isnt too busy, im sure he will jump up there and give you a show.

looking foward to the classic. thank god i was wise enough to save some $$$ for that.

see you all there. i will be the guy pushing around a cart with about $5000 worth of goodies in it. until its time to check out and i realize i have to put everything back. its nice to dream tho.

madman himself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts