Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think im gonna head out from the metro daysail and try casting for muskie while drifting a crawler harness for eyes. Any recommendations on muskie lures? I still havent been able to land my first fish, and id like to give it a try before the lake freezes up. Will be leaving the house around 4:00 and plan on staying out until sunset. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Sep 23 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think im gonna head out from the metro daysail and try casting for muskie while drifting a crawler harness for eyes. Any recommendations on muskie lures? I still havent been able to land my first fish, and id like to give it a try before the lake freezes up. Will be leaving the house around 4:00 and plan on staying out until sunset. Any advice would be great.

The area you'll be fishing has had A LOT of floating weeds so you might want to try a lure that's semi-weedless. A bucktail with a willowleaf blade & single hook should help keep most weeds off.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Sep 23 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ill keep that in mind, hopefully jimmys has some single hook bucktails. Headed out, will report if i do any good.

You can always remove the treble (if it is attached w/a split ring) & add your own single hook. If the treble isn't attached w/a split ring then just cut the hook off at the hook eye then add a split ring (a good quality heavy duty) & a single hook (generally a saltwater O'Shaughnessy).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts