Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about going into heated storage this winter. have a 30' sea ray weekender. can this group tell me where to go. what are the benefits of heated storage besides not having to winterize. i'm currently at michigan harbor in st clair shores and they want $2200 for heated storage. will appreciate help.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
QUOTE(great8 @ Jul 21 2003, 04:26 PM)what are the benefits of heated storage besides not having to winterize.
you should always winterize your boat even if you are keeping it inside for the winter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been a Sassy's for 10 years now. If your thinking about storing there. You should contact them soon. I've had my deposit in for almost a month. They're normally full every winter.
Phone -810-794-1177.

·
Registered
622 Posts
this year I am gonna store at the house, but I am gonna invest in a block heater. I am still gonna winterize but I hate the idea of my engine getting below zero. I am gonna keep the engine compartment at 45 degrees so I can also leave the batteries in and the ships charger to keep them fresh, now I dont have to pull them and replace them, I hate that!

·
Registered
141 Posts
At Sassy's power boats up to 26'11" LOA inside heated $3.95 sq. foot

27' to 42' LOA is $5.10 sq. foot.

My boat is 39'5' LOA and I pay $2500.00 for inside heated storage. It sure is nice in February when it's 20 degrees out side and 65 degree's inside.

·
Registered
131 Posts
To anyone interested
Emerald City Harbor is building 3 new heated storage buildings at Sunset Marina on Harsens Island. Call 586-772-4200 for pricing. I will get the info and post it here tomorrow.

They also have inside cold and outside storage available. They are not full and are in the $5 range.

FYI If your boat is inside stored the Marina bears the responsibility of frozen motors or water systems. We just ask that you drain the water tanks. This is done more for the customer and the water quality in the spring
Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts