Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm.....

If my heaven has me sitting on the back of a boat (a large newer boat that never runs out of gas or needs repair), drinking from a never ending supply of beer and other drinks, watching penthouse style hotties chicken fight on each others shoulders, and ending up in the sack with my wife and the penthouse babes, CAN I GET INTO HEAVEN?

the two ideas (my heaven vs. what is traditionally required to get into heaven) seem contradictory

If they don't have an 8 Mile, like they do up in the D, then send me to hell..........

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Your Heaven sounds more like Shangrila.......And I have no problem with that at all....

In fact it sounds darn right fine with me......Except I might want a God like wisdom

and magical powers and stuff like that........

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think your idea of heaven sounds awesome Goose! I've been told that I won't be there so I figure why not enjoy it 'cuz hell is going to be a fun place if everyone I know will be there! Ha, ha!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I guess my idea of Heaven is a little different than yours.

I just picture a level of peace that goes beyond what I can even comprehend as a living being

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Goose your heaven sounds like heaven in Islam for men....except I think the girls are virgins and there are like 70 of them or something..

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
...Having someone listen, understand, and empathize...no matter what you have to say...someone that loves you and supports you no matter what...unconditionally, just the way you are...ALL of you...
...a nice juicy steak with mushrooms and onions, shrimp, and asparagus...all home cooked by someone that loves you and wants to cheer you up...hugs and kisses and strong arms holding you while you sleep...waking up the next morning with a whole new attitude...

Thanks for my little piece of heaven

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
As the saying goes,
"If there's no fishing in heaven, I don't want to go!"

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTESaleena362 Posted on Jan 6 2004, 09:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Having someone listen, understand, and empathize...no matter what you have to say...someone that loves you and supports you no matter what...unconditionally, just the way you are...ALL of you...
...a nice juicy steak with mushrooms and onions, shrimp, and asparagus...all home cooked by someone that loves you and wants to cheer you up...hugs and kisses and strong arms holding you while you sleep...waking up the next morning with a whole new attitude...

It's my pleasure!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Jan 6 2004, 03:22 PM)QUOTESaleena362 Posted on Jan 6 2004, 09:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's my pleasure!!!!

OH...that, too.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
I enjoyed the views of heaven. A good boat, nice weather, good friends, lots to eat and drink, that has to be everyone’s idea of heaven.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(sandman @ Jan 6 2004, 05:12 PM)dinner never burns while yer post here!!!

There's a good one!!! Time stops while on the board so that you don't get caught in the LSCN time warp. Hell, I might actually be able to get things done around here!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, I don't wanna go!

If they ain't got no 8 Mile, like they do up in the "D",
You can send me to hell or Salt Lake City, it'd be about the same to me.

Heaven? My family and friends (who are here and who've deprated already). No work or bills. My boat (ship) which is able to cruise anywhere in the world I wanna go. No one ever gets old or sick.

Oh yeah, and all you crazy idiots!!!

And maybe Frank Sinatra is on the boat (ship) drinkin' Jack and Cokes and cracking jokes with us all day long!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
My idea of heaven is a cross over between Happy Gilmores happy place and Homer Simpson prancing through the chocalate land where it rains donuts and Homer never runs out of Duff beer.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jan 6 2004, 10:36 PM)HEAVEN DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The closest thing to heaven anyone will ever get to is to live your life in happiness!!
Heaven does exist...

It's in the sound of your young child's laughter.

It's wrapped around you when you feel like "that" person is definitely "The One".

It keeps you warm when the world around you seems bitter and cold.

It's a Raftburger when you're starving.

It's the words, "I love you" that come at exactly the right time.

It's being told "It's malignant but we're positive we got it all."

It's in the smell of spring rain, washing winter's woes away.

It's the smell of gasoline and engine fumes mixed with seaweed and warm summer air while cruising across Lake St. Clair an hour before the sun sets.

It's being told, "We'd like to offer you the position."

It's where you played when you were 5 years old and didn't give a crap about the world's problems

It's the first kiss at 15 with that girl you've been watching all semester long, who you thought was always "too good for you".

It's a hug from your Mom.

It's the moment you wake up in the morning, knowing that you... woke up. And have another day to make of it whatever you desire.

It's sex with someone you love. Or at least love that very moment!

It's a trip, not a destination.

"The closest thing to heaven anyone will ever get to is to live your life in happiness!!"

Every day I wake up is another day in heaven... for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts