Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was like 10 we (my family) were walking into a restaurant in Dearborn and 2 guys grabbed me and held a gun to my head. The wanted to rob us, but it was Friday night and there were cars coming in and out of the parking lot. Some people saw what was happening and the guys got scared and ran away!! SCARY..I still remember what they look like and what they were wearing.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Nope but a few co workers have on way home from work and into work been shot at. and also robed..and carjacked.Idont stop for red lights at night in detroit.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
yikes! that sounds scary. I've never been held up, but I did have a girl jump out of a car and point a Derringer in my face from about 10 feet away. Her husband cut us off and hit us and when we pulled over and got out of the car, she thought we were going to attack him.

A Derringer isn't very accurate after 7 or 8 feet, but it is still very intimidating when it is pointing directly into your face!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Mar 19 2004, 10:36 AM)When I was like 10 we (my family) were walking into a restaurant in Dearborn and 2 guys grabbed me and held a gun to my head. The wanted to rob us, but it was Friday night and there were cars coming in and out of the parking lot. Some people saw what was happening and the guys got scared and ran away!! SCARY..I still remember what they look like and what they were wearing.

In all the years I have known you, you never told me this story! Sorry to hear about that!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
wow! ms!

for me, no.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Mar 19 2004, 09:36 AM)When I was like 10 we (my family) were walking into a restaurant in Dearborn and 2 guys grabbed me and held a gun to my head. The wanted to rob us, but it was Friday night and there were cars coming in and out of the parking lot. Some people saw what was happening and the guys got scared and ran away!! SCARY..I still remember what they look like and what they were wearing.
holy sh*t !

my a$$hole granfather has been robbed at gun point around 4 times, at his shop-heating and cooling at John R and East state Fair in Detroit. ( 7 and woodward closest )

me never yet...... have been stabbed in the back though ! lol

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
No but my mother has. She was working as a pharmacy tech near 7 mi and Southfield years ago. They took the cash from the registers and split.

·
Registered
666 Posts
No myself, but I did see a cop unload his gun on a purse snatcher on city streetis Brazil. Makes ya be extra careful outside the U.S. after seeing that!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Back when I was 18 and working at The Amoco Station at 8 Mile and Dequindere....... Pumping gas at Full Serve I filled up this guys car...A great big Lincoln Continental....
When I was done I walked up to his window and he pointed a gun at me...... I looked right at him and said ...

" I don`t have any cash....And concider the gas on the house"........He laughed and drove away....I meanwhile went and wiped my a$$.......

·
Registered
896 Posts
About ten years ago a friend of mine and his eight month pregnant wife went to an ATM in Pontiac to make a withdrawal and were confronted by two black males with a gun intent on robbing them. The robbers had made two mistakes: The first was bringing only one gun and the second was picking John. We used to call him "Tree Stump." He is not particularly tall but he is as strong as an ox. He beat the one guy to death and the other spent a month in the hospital. To all of you out there that think there are no consequences for self defense be informed that he was charged with second degree murder. He was eventually acquitted but it ruined him financially. He is still paying off the lawyers.

Personally, I worked midnights at the Clark station on Jefferson near Shook Road when I was a freshman in college back in 1970. One night as I was feeding the station cat, a large black guy came in to use the pay phone. While I was bent over, scooping out the cat food for the waiting diner, I looked up and saw the customer coming down on my head with a jack handle. It was winter and I had a jacket with a hood on. Luckily, I moved just enough so the hood took most of the impact. He knocked me off my feet and was really surprised when I took out the 9MM from the shoulder holster under my jacket. As he was sh***ng his pant and running out the door I got a few shots off. The first two took out the windows from the front of the station. I put the last one through the back window of the escape vehicle and called the cops. The car was easy to spot and they actually caught them. The gun was unregistered (belonged to the owner, whoever worked midnights always had it) and the cops just confiscated it. Everything happened so fast I never had a chance to be scared. I was shaking when it was over though.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Yes, in Detroit
Can't tell you the story. You might not belive it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts