Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jai Diggs is a Vet in LA, who competes in Beagle Feild Trials. If anyone knows someone who can help this Soldier, I am sure I can find good people to help out with transportation.

His # is posted, or you can call me if you have any questions. 606-622-4760.

On this past tuesday I came into a another busy day at the animal hospital my appoinments were booked and everything seemed to be more complicated than it appeared. Well one my technicians called me for help when they had an 80 pound lab that had difficulty breathing and no one could pick him up. I immediately took the dog to ultrasound and found that the dog had a tumor on its spleen that had ruptured and it was bleeding inside the dogs abdomen (this isn't usually a good prognosis). I then went to room to twll the owner what was going on with the dog, as walked in the room there was his young man in a wheelchair, I intoduced myself and told him what was going on with his dog. I told him that this was going to be very difficult to manage and that would neeed emergency surgery to have its spleen removed, but befire I did that I would have giev the dog a blood transfusion, which is very expensive. After talking to him about everything and how expensive this could be, he told that he was paralyzed from being in Iraq and that he couldn't afford anything because he wasn't working due to being paralyzed. I told himthank you for everything that he has done for this country and that I would do everything for free. I also told him that I couldn't make any guarantees but I was going to do everything in my power to save his dog. Well after I got into surgery the tumor on his spleen was about the size of a softball and they ahad sevral other small tumors on the spleen. I then looked at the dogs liver and it had been taken over by the cancer. I called the owner and told him that it would be best to put the dog down because the cancer had spread to other organs.....

I say all of this to say if there is any you fellas that knows of someone who works with Labs or knows of someone that runs a lab rescue gimme a call. A puppy my not be ideal for him but a young well behaved lab would probably be awesome.

cell 504-472-8887
office 404-828-2700

Thanks
Jai Diggs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 1 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is too bad, If I hear anything I will let ya know. Someone is giving up a German shepheard in the boathouse, but they are no lab.

Thanks for your intrest, but i guess several have called and offered to fix him up with a well trained service dog. Its great to see that people can come together to make things like this happen. I wish there were more people like this ( both the animal vet, and war vet ). Most of the people ive met that compare are others I've met through hunting, and competing in the outdoors.

Sure could have used someone like this while i was stranded 2 mi off shore yesterday. lol
Could have saved me $200.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(JOCo @ Aug 3 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 1 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is too bad, If I hear anything I will let ya know. Someone is giving up a German shepheard in the boathouse, but they are no lab.

Thanks for your intrest, but i guess several have called and offered to fix him up with a well trained service dog. Its great to see that people can come together to make things like this happen. I wish there were more people like this ( both the animal vet, and war vet ). Most of the people ive met that compare are others I've met through hunting, and competing in the outdoors.

Sure could have used someone like this while i was stranded 2 mi off shore yesterday. lol
Could have saved me $200.

Great to hear he got hooked up. Sucks to hear about getting stranded. Been there done that. Had to swim her to shore once!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, it REALLY sucked. Tried to flag down about ten boats before giving in and calling Mi Salvage, even tried flagin down about five after he was on his way.... No takers. There was 2 guys fishing about 100 yard from us, and they just waved at us and kept on fishin. I just had the motor serviced and it ran like a champ until we were about a 1 1/2 miles out.... Go figure.

But hey with the way the waves were i WAS just happy to make it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.