Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is in the process of trying to get rid of the bees that infested his wood pile. As of right now I got a phone call that he is running around swatting at them, they are stinging him through his clothing and he is spraying insecticide all over himself in the process.

Funny site that it may be in the state of emergency he is in I believe he is forgetting the fact that he has asthma, he is overweight, has bad knees and insecticide is not something you would want to spread all over yourself.

My sister, myself, and my Mom are trying to get him to come in the house but my Mom also can't even open the door because there is a swarm of them.....My Dad has never learned from these cost saving decisions he tries to make even though he has more money then he knows what to do with...Ugh.

Anywho, to the point...anyone have the number of a company that will be able to come over tomorrow and take care of this problem? Also, about how much they charge?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I do but i have to look it up. He is a HUMANE extir(sp) bug killer and animal relocator. TELL YOUR FAMILY TO STOP TRYING TO KILL THEM!!! duh! it only provokes their natural instinct!
I'll let you know ASAP

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
ABC Spiders and Wasps!

Had our house sprayed! Awesome. Although keep in mind this is their "ACTIVE" season.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
If he's gonna be stubborn and do it himself, he needs to go out there in the early morning, like 5 or 6 am, armed with a garden sprayer, filled with a mixture of dishwashing soap and water.

My dad has been chasing bees around the house for decades with different Ortho products. Whatever pesticide he was using this year, he said it took about 6-10 seconds to kill the bee. With soap and water, as long as they are not in flight, they are dead in 3 seconds.

He swears by it. I think you can find more about this on the internet somewhere.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Sep 25 2003, 10:51 PM)He swears by it. I think you can find more about this on the internet somewhere.
Bees just can't go on living if they are clean??

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Sep 25 2003, 10:11 PM)TELL YOUR FAMILY TO STOP TRYING TO KILL THEM!!!Dookie, no offense, but they're YELLOW JACKETS, not cute and fuzzy kittens. Who cares if a bunch of mean and annoying bees are dead? I kill them every week.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Sep 25 2003, 09:11 PM)I do but i have to look it up. He is a HUMANE extir(sp) bug killer and animal relocator. TELL YOUR FAMILY TO STOP TRYING TO KILL THEM!!! duh! it only provokes their natural instinct!
I'll let you know ASAP
They have too. They sold this house and they are infesting the wood pile there. In the purchase agreement the buyers stated they wanted my parents to get rid of the wood pile and they found the wood infested with these wasps. They have to be getten rid of before they move the wood out of there. I am not talking about a few wasps I am talking hundreds......I am sorry but when it comes to my Dad's safety or the insects I choose my Dad.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I agree with snow they are yellow jackets and they are fierce this year. I have been battleing them myself. It is best to spray just befor dark or just befor dawn bees do not fly at night. Good luck now I must KILL all the nests around my house. HA HAHA HAHAHAHAH HAAA

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just had our house sprayed for bees, spiders and wasps. It cost 45.00 and it will las for two months, which is pretty good for this time of the year anyway. The company that I used was called Liberty. I found them in the yellow pages. I was so excited because I didn't even have to be ther. They just left an invoice at the door. in the spring they have a treatment that lasts all season for 155.00 and I am definitly going with that. It turned out that I had 7 active wasp and bee nests and countless spider webs. They even took the hives with them. I am sorry that I do not have the number with me but they are in Fraser and in te yellow pages.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 26 2003, 05:58 AM)QUOTE(Dookie @ Sep 25 2003, 10:11 PM) TELL YOUR FAMILY TO STOP TRYING TO KILL THEM!!!
They're YELLOW JACKETS, not cute and fuzzy kittens. Who cares if a bunch of mean and annoying bees are dead? I kill them every week.

I agree!!! They are nasty this year too!!!! MIkes dad and brither were both stung. Chris was stung. NOT GOOD. Mean bugs they are I say kill 'em

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I've been stung numerous times and am sick of them. One of our little ones in our boat club was stung in the neck while we were at Idle Hour. Was not a pretty site

I say kill 'em.......wait til it's dark and cold and light them on fire.

One thing, I heard on the Discovery Ch. is when one is killed, it attracts more.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Spider Control, cost $45.00 (586) 783-1577
They do bee spraying also.
Worked great for us this year, except I forgot to tell them to spray the mailbox, I know next time now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts